675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

It literally pays to be indoctrinted.

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by StMarks, Apr 26, 2014.

1. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

:cool: So here we are in the 21st Century.

Supposedly a socially evolved & democratic society with bigotry being criminalized & our finest minds starting to reveal the wonders of our existence.

Whilst I’m no Triplex, I’m still not a great fan of B*nkers. But by all standards they have really surpassed themselves this time.??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... ounts.html

I guess the Amish would be proud of this step .?

2. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

I think "incensed beyond limits" covers it here. .... No words can describe how I feel right now.

3. This along with the Birmingham school Trojan Horse fiasco just boils the blood.
    I've got nothing against anyone that chooses to follow a religion but......

4. Wow, unbelievable. What a bunch of muppets.

5. Wyrm

Wyrm

The 'Islamic' account (or rather a Sharia Compliant Account) should either not permit the account to go overdrawn at all (by refusing the payment and charging a return fee), or allow the payment but charge a maintenance fee for managing the account until it is out of overdraft - neither being usury and neither being forbidden. A good Muslim will not go overdrawn.

6. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

So any payment made from this account in excess of the credit balance may be returned unpaid to the payee. :shock: This just gets better & better. :roll:

7. Not all Muslims are terrorists....

8. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

For f*cks sake! If that was for any other religion there would be war at Lloyds door! Why is it always one rule for one and another rule for everyone else?!

9. Wyrm

Wyrm

Exactly - or rather the transaction is declined at the point of sale.

10. Wyrm

Wyrm

That's a business decision for Lloyds to make - customers are free to choose to swap banks fairly easily if they so wish to do so.
    I've got a large free overdraft facility myself so I'm really not too bothered - and I'm not with Lloyds.

11. Stu675

Stu675

Why get upset?
    :erm:
    The account is available to anyone.

12. stuman

stuman

How do you get a religion officially recognised?

Because I believe in the god daytona, who said many years ago when the world was being magicked into existence that all banks must donate gold to me me. Daily. Lots of it. Also any being on 2 wheels shall not be punishable for moving to fast!

Who's with me?

13. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

The reason that I am a little upset is the principle of the concept;
    It is a strategy that is contrary to the normal business model that has been created by the demands put upon it. It seems to me that this is pandering to the doctrines of a creed dictated millennia ago, back when treating women as "lesser" persons & killing others for having different views & opinions to your own tribe's etc etc etc..... were commonly accepted practice.?

Ironically there is some merit in outlawing the practice of overdrafts & easy credit, & I agree that that (as you & Wyrm correctly point out) it states that it is "available to all". However (following the same logic) how many of you could live in your own home if you were not permitted to obtain a mortgage.? It seems to me that this does not fit well in our current society.

If people choose to adhere to such teachings, that should always be their free choice. However surely the rest of society should not be affected by their choices.?

14. Wyrm

Wyrm

The rest of society isn't being affected by their choice here though.

It is also following the time honoured business model of supply and demand.

15. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

:? That would be all those who ultimately fund all payments made against accounts holding insufficient funds, will it not .?

Where's Triplex when I need him. :lol:

16. Wyrm

Wyrm

In the same way that some people can get loans at 0% whilst others can't and presumably are funding the 0%ers?
    In the same way two people can live almost next door but one pays more Council tax than the other therefore funding the lower paying person?
    In the same way as... I could go on forever.

Have you read the Terms and Conditions of the 'account' you are incensed about?

17. Hmmmm I wonder if I could get a sharia mortgage and escape interest on it for 25years

18. Exactly as he says ^^ Where is the problem ?

Of course, it does give yet another excuse to bitch at Islam I guess. We do enjoy that (well some of us do) :roll:

19. I agree don't like it switch banks but I'm sorry it's a fucking disgrace that one religion doesn't pay. The banks will need to make the money back and guess who will be paying for it us. Why not give them free money for a savings account why there at it. And these are the reasons why we bitch about them. Disgrace

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc mobile app

20. Wyrm

Wyrm

Yes you can. What happens is that the bank buys the property and then sells it to you at a profit - which effectively covers the interest. You then pay the bank in instalments until you have paid the amount the bank has charged.
    Of course this does mean that you won't benefit from reductions in rates or being able to switch to a lower rate mortgagee... so it will more than likely end up costing you more over time.,. but if that's what you want then great.