675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

It literally pays to be indoctrinted.

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by StMarks, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Wyrm

Wyrm

They do pay though. Presumably you've just read the headline and not looked any further into it?
    The main cause of complaints is through people not bothering to look at the full situation and jumping to conclusions.

2. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

Once again, you make a valid point mate. However two wrongs don't make a right IMO.

Bear in mind then, this is at a time when (at long last) that tide should be changing ; http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/a ... -fca-rules

Well yes. I haven't read every word of the small print, obviously, but I did read Lloyds own description of their account before I posted.

:shock: I do not believe that, at any stage, I singled out Islam. The bank account may be aimed squarely at that particular religion, but my post was intended to try to be more generic.
    I would have no more empathy for it if it favoured Judaism, Hindu, Christian, Buddhism, Sikh or any other gang.

I will admit to "having a bitch" about religions in general, but I hope to God that I am not bigoted in my attitude.

3. Not bitching at you particularly StM, you simply opened up the debate - but as Wyrm intimates, lots of people read the first line of the statement and then the red mist comes up. They do not bother reading on to find out the pitfalls of doing it that way, nor do they realise that the very same terms are open to them if they wish - they just bitch about Muslims,Islam, Asians whatever and use any reason to do so.

Had it been another group of people that had a different deal available (bank/building society employee's for example?), the hostility would have been far less.

4. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

I can assure you I am not a closet racist Charlie, or any other type for that matter.
    I always consciously endeavor to judge people on their merits, as they are illustrated to me. A downside to this is that I can be perceived to be fickle, because I am inclined to change my attitude towards people as my understanding of them increases.
    I flatter myself that I stay open minded, although my I do understand that my judgment is bound to be cumulatively affected by experience.

5. So if you've got a problem with religion intruding in our society and or culture you are now anti-Islam or closet racist?

Fuck off, that's bollocks.

6. Wyrm

Wyrm

What if it favoured bikers - specifically Triumph riding ones? ;)

7. Wyrm

Wyrm

Yay! St Marks is racist! Sorry - only read a few words but hey, that's got to count for something? ;)

Are there any other conclusions that people can jump at - sounds like fun?

8. No, if you jump to erroneous conclusions without knowing (or caring about) all the facts - THAT'S bollocks :roll:

I am curious to know what "our" society is though.

Who defines that - white middle class ? or is it made up the actual proportion of different types of ethnic groups and religions that are now part of British society ?

9. You picked up on a comment I had edited out as it could be misconstrued. If you read the post that "quote" was taken from, you will see that was the case. Had the forum allowed me to correct that as I tried to do - that comment would not have been picked up at all. Unfortunately, it took 5 attempts before the corrected post actually posted. As I said in the post anyway - that quip was not directed at you - it was directed at the inevitable jumping on the bandwagon because Islam/Muslims/Asians involved that followed your post :)

10. But it's not racism!

Did you just glance at the child?

Pedo.

11. And so what if someone was racist does that make them a bad person. No I don't think so. I've met a few racists in my time but have been really nice. And those worst racists I've met aren't even white

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc mobile app

12. Wyrm

Wyrm

Yes, it does.
    There's a difference between being racist and just disliking something.

13. disliking something is allowed, even under misguided reasoning, but racism is illegal

14. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

Bigotry of any type is distasteful IMHO.

:p You BMW drivers, you're all the same.! :roll:

Sorry Charlie. I responded as soon as you initially posted mate. TBH I am pleased that you offered me the opportunity to state my response.

15. I totally agree, so maybe people shouldn't be so loose with labelling other people thus.

16. Different rules apply to BMW drivers - the road really IS ours, it says so in the handbook :D

17. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

:? I thought that it was "displaying or promoting" Racism that was illegal.?
    Although I make no effort to disguise my disdain for organised religion, some of my most respected & closest friends are religious.
    By the same token, I also have friends who I love & respect who are racially prejudiced.

IMHO there are few saints in this world, so I would choose to be friends with a good person who had different opinions, over a like minded twunt.

18. Wyrm

Wyrm

Bloody Northeners! ;)

19. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

Count yourself lucky Wyrm, I have live oop eere with them.
    ( Actually I was born within the sound of the Bow Bells )

Maybe I should have said written "few other saints" ? [​IMG]

20. D41

D41

:idea: Hmmmm....racism is one thing, prejudice is another.
    I don't really have a problem with this type of account as it won't affect me one bit....Asian banks have used similar practices for decades .