675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Je suis Charlie

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by StMarks, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Red675

Red675

i do appreciate you cant be selective on these things i just find it staggering that they didnt think there;'d be some sort of comnsequence

look at the state of their country now, its going off absolutely everywhere, all for the sake of a shitty and very unfunny cartoon

2. Stu675

Stu675

I think it goes back to your:-
    I don't think that was CH's intention at all. They were trying to be funny by selling a magazine for a profit, (not a prophet ;) ) while not respecting other peoples sensibilities.
    I absolutely see what you're trying to get at, I think it's just about what's an appropriate response (to CH)
    The only cartoons you will see in future are:-

Attached Files:

3. Red675

Red675

point well made stu :up:

4. Stu675

Stu675

Lolz
    :lol:

5. Stu675

Stu675

Seems to have been all resolved now with only the suspects dead.

6. jcp

jcp

http://t.co/i6GVf0LEae a thoughtful article from the last time we suffered a mass terrorist attack in the UK

7. Red675

Red675

8. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

So those self-righteous bigoted zealots have claimed yet another victim. :twisted:

Rip Commissioner Fredou

9. Stu675

Stu675

selfish bastardised thing to do. As if everyone else hasn't got enough to deal with they now have to clean up his mess.

10. Red675

Red675

hope thats a joke stu

11. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

Well, suicide is generally considered to be a very selfish act mate.

12. Bigmac

Bigmac

I believe exactly that stm but I have come to find that that train of thought is not held but all, had a few really heated arguments about it.

13. Stu675

Stu675

Yes it's truly tragic all round. And very sad that the commissioner felt that was his only course of action. But people had to walk in that room afterwards.

14. Did wonder if this had made a thread on here glad to see there is a topic for it. Those of you who know me know that I speak my mind and I don't particularly give a shit who it offends and who it doesn't bottom line is if you agree with me fine if you don't then make an argument to get your point across it's called being an adult.

The biggest enemy to free speech in the Western Civilised World is not Islam, it's not Christianity either it is something much more obvious and has been the elephant in the room for the last 50 years really. I am of course talking about something known as Political Correctness, that stems from that typically British Victorian attitude of "What might people think." Personally couldn't really give a shit if somebody drew a picture of Jesus smoking a fat blunt, why? Probably because I would find it amusing however the media would say it's wrong it might offend people blah blah blah I'm sorry but are people that weak and feeble now that we must wrap our glass houses in bubblewrap? It's called a sense of humour as in things you find funny now that might not be funny to somebody else however doesn't mean that you shouldn't say it because you might offend that other person. The other person should grow a sack take it on the chin and if they don't agree with what you've said then make an argument with the reasons why they disagree.

Not speaking out for fear of upsetting somebody is Political Correctness in a nutshell and it's wrong on so many levels. This is not the freedom that my grandfather fought to defend in WW2 and it is not the freedom that so many of his comrades gave their lives for. Personally I think Political Correctness pisses on the memory of every single serviceman and servicewoman who has ever given their life to defend this country because it is trying to silence the very freedom of speech they fought to defend.

Whether something is right or wrong doesn't matter bottom line is people should not live in fear of saying the wrong thing because it might offend Rashid next door. If you don't like the freedoms and the liberties that we have here then leave, go live in an oppressive state where you do live in fear of what you say.

My point is the media are the beast behind this PC bullshit and Charlie Hebdo stepped out side of the sheep and became a wolf they dared to be free and I wish there were more media outfits like them out there because the world needs that sort of freedom.

15. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

I watched Angry, White and Proud the other day. Most of them were just demonstrating but towards the end of the program a few of them were to go around to some of the houses and kick shit out of them. Singling people out like that would probably be a bit too far to be fair. But, one of the demonstrations was outside a mosque (which I do have an issue with them building them over here, could you imagine building churches in their countries?!) some of the muslims were shouting "your kids will be muslim, your family will be muslim" which says they are forcing their religion on to others by any means. I don't believe in all this religion shit, it was a way to keep people in check a very long time ago. What christian has not broken any of the 7 sins? But don't worry, go and sit and confess to a pedophile and all will be well!

16. Ah but only if your Catholic, no dodgy gits in the CofE, [WINKING FACE] But if your a Muslim feel free to marry a 13 year old child on provision that she's had her female genitalia mutilated.
    Isn't religion in the 21st Century great.

17. Red675

Red675

that was one of the funniest things ive seen in ages, i had tears rolling down my cheeks at one point

"my badge, get your hand off my badge"

(in a cringey way of course)

18. Legacey

That made me laugh! :lol: :lol:

19. Didn't some utter F*ck nugget on Fox news suggest that non muslims don't go to Birmingham any more!?

20. Legacey

Unfortunately, I will be going there Wednesday. Love driving through the streets in my cough german car with AC/DC playing as loud as possible!