675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Joys of selling my car...

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Frequent Flyer, May 27, 2015.

1. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

After being bowled over by the generosity of "wepullyoutpantsdown.com" " I paid some of my 675r stash money to get my mk v golf 2.0tdi fixed and mot'd for sale.

Ad on gumtree last night, keenly priced at £2,350 for low mileage (<110,000mi) to get it shifted an let someone else have a decent car at a decent price rather than a stealer add a £800 premium. Thus far, I woke up to my 1st scam attempt at 6:30am from someone asking me to courier their car and take paypal payment (old trick that, try harder...). Since then have had ten callers/txts arranged two local viewings for tonight - the 7pm guy then txts at 6 to ask can he come at 8:30... Yep, but I have someone looking at 7:30 too... Cue another txt saying he'll be here for 7... I may ending up calling the guy back in Redditch (2hrs away) as he seemed the most genuine yet. And my gran lives there!

What is it with people not keeping appointments?!?

2. Blimey, sounds horrendous, I've only ever sold one vehicle online and that was my Street Triple R, stuck it on Ebay as a classified add priced to sell, it was a 28 day listing but it only remained on there for 2 hours! Bloke paid £100 deposit via PayPal then picked it up a week later with cash in hand. Very easy transaction.

3. ste m

ste m

I sold my Volvo today an finally went with we buy any car as I was sick of the idiots offering silly money or again not turning up. I got what I was happy with in the end but I'll never again sell private. I'm now waiting for a few months for my brand new car to arrive an in the meantime I'll either use my bike or I'll buy a cheap mondeo an scrap it at the end. The amount of idiots that you have to deal with is unreal

4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Guess I've always been lucky, cars and bikes, oh and all my old house stuff, all went to lovely people.

If you got a figure your happy with, then happy days, job done!

5. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Luck is on my side - both potential buyers turned up an hr late, the youngish lad and his bus driver dad made a sensible offer (£110 from the asking price) car is off the drive, cash is in my pocket and I'm just off to put the V5 in the post to Swansea! Happy days and glad it went to a nice person.

Aside from letting the insurer know and take pic of the V5, is there anything else to do? Don't want a summons like red had...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Make sure the dvla refund any tax to you. Worth keep checking your account.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ste m

ste m

I've just cancelled my dd with the dvla. I'll send my part of the log book off tomorrow