675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

life with mv f3 800

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by farmer1, Jul 30, 2015.

1. farmer1

farmer1

I thought it might be a nice idea to do a living with thread like bdtd has done with the 899 so here goes.
    I will obviously add to this as time goes on, reliability issues, service costs and my opinions/thoughts on the bike in general.
    I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I have now covered just over 300 miles (half of the distance required to first service).
    Bad points first.
    Throttle response is a bit shady at sub 3k rpm you get a bit of surging and it can be hard work in traffic.
    I would not want to ride this bike as a commuter.
    I have improved the throttle by setting up a custom map on the dash using rain throttle sensitivity and full power everything else, and I feel like I am getting more used to the throttle with every ride so I'm not too concerned by this as I think it is predictable and is getting easier to live with and I don't have to commute on it.

Slight oil weep from bottom of clutch cover aaahhhrrr!!!!.
    Just gave the cover bolts a very slight tweak up and seems to have stopped it. Will be keeping an eye on this .

Good points
    Suspension was an area I was slightly concerned about after coming from the dayrona r's ohlins and the mv demo bike was set up extremely stiff.
    I had the budget for re doing the suspension but that is not going to be necessary, after setting the sag and a bit of twiddling at both ends this bike beats the daytona on handling hands down no matter what road surface youre traveling on it is totally planted and is without doubt the best handling bike I have ever ridden!
    The engine is strong and is something to behold. I am still running in at a sensible pace but know from the demonstrator that it is a proper weapon and more than enough bike for me.

The looks
    Wow it is gorgeous!

Build quality
    I'm impressed panels all fit nicely, nothing has fallen off yet.
    Time will tell with fastners etc.

Electronics
    Very good.
    This bike has a new style dash, i think the batch my bike was built with is the first to have this dash fitted and it is easy to read and operate all the menus for engine maps, traction control, and abs etc.
    Quick shifter is better than the daytona one, although the gear lever does have quite a long throw but I am getting used to this.
    The bike comes with a trickle charger and has a pre wired charger plug under the passengers seat.

The dealer
    Forza italia Silverstone I can't fault them so far, they have done everything they said they would, have kept me informed during the whole purchase process, Martin and Tracey are fantastic to deal with.
    This isn't a glitzy dealership with a cafe and a supermarket sized clothing department it is a small family run business that seems to trade on it's reputation and I like that.

Extras so far
    675.cc decals (that'll confuse a few)
    Gubelini steering damper
    Cnc racing rearsets
    Cnc racing short levers
    R+g tail tidy
    Small rear indicators
    Mv corse riders seat.
    Decal kit from pittys
    So far I am happy with the mv it takes a little getting used to certain aspects of the bike but I think those aspects are not serious problems.
    I can't wait to get the running in done and start enjoying the bike as it's intended to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Good write up, any pics?

• Like Like x 1
  3. farmer1

farmer1

Always prepared for a bit of photo hawing lol

1438268594137.jpg

1438268608331.jpg

1438268627698.jpg

1438268644722.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Red675

Red675

wish i hadnt just read that :(

5. mush

mush Yam Black Country Lad

Very nice mate not to sure on the exhaust but the rest looks gorgeous ...

6. farmer1

farmer1

Thought you might say that red.
    I can only suggest you try one for yourself mate but I couldn't see myself using this as an every day commuter bike.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks lovely mate. This thread is a great idea with owners experiences, love reading them

8. ubik

ubik

Very nice. Keep us informed

9. Awesome, thanks for doing that, it will be really good to compare as I'm looking at changing to an 899 but feel a trip to silver stone to have a proper poke around one before I pull the trigger on an 899.

My gut feel is that the 899 is just a more finished product, but I'm hoping your good experiences prove otherwise.

Did it come with the MV logos in the radiator vents? That's the only thing I don't like and it's a tiny thing but I just think that's strange placement and haven't seen it on any of the others.

Would u mind posting some pics of the dash on? It's another thing tht put me off it before, the old dash looked a bit cheap, but this one looks MUCH improved.

Also I don't know why they sell it without a steering damper, did the demo have one? If not did it make u sure it needed one? For me it's an essential insurance policy!!

10. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

Great write up farmer, you are making me think about one now........and even more after seeing this ImageUploadedBy675cc1438276578.773293.jpg

Limited run of F3 675/800 RC models

• Like Like x 3
  11. A bit off topic but this is my other REAL concern with MV, too many 'specials' appearing all over the place and I think it kills used values. It does if u look at how strong Ducati residuals are because they had 848, then 848 evo and so u have a range of 4-5 years where the models were VERY similar so the prices stay hi. Plus I would be gutted buying a new bike and then them releasing a new model a few months later.

12. I want one

• Like Like x 2

13. I was about to post this!!! It's ridiculously beautiful

• Like Like x 2
  14. Red675

Red675

Oh my god

• Like Like x 1
  15. PyroUK

PyroUK

Excuse me but I think you need to add NSFW in the title.

That exhaust......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Red675

Red675

That is Stunning

• Like Like x 2
  17. farmer1

farmer1

Mv decals are my addition.
    Will get some pics of the dash next time I'm out.
    Demo bike didn't have a damper and yes it needs one IMHO, it's a light bike with a fair bit of grunt that can get the front wheel light.

18. farmer1

farmer1

That is nice!
    Not what I want to see when I've just brought a standard one lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Nothing that a bit of Vinyl overlay wouldn't fix mate.

• Like Like x 1
  20. farmer1

farmer1

1438335110528.jpg