675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

MCN 765 review

Discussion in 'General' started by DaveJPS, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:52 PM.

1. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

2. I have watched neevesy video and also a few more on line, like lam chops one...

I am glad in a way I cancelled my order, it does look like it has more torque and is a dream to ride but not enough for me to have taken the plunge from my d675r 2015.

I have definitely made the right decision with my S1000rr m sport, even though I have only.put 215 miles on her!

3. Just going to draw your attention to this part of the MCN video.....

I mean, come on Triumph, it’s the most expensive sportsbike you’ve ever made, that’s unforgivable

IMG_3595.JPG

4. towser

towser

if you put the steering on full lock all that slack disappears

5. GazP

GazP

I think it just about sums up what everyone mentioned in the build up to the launch!

6. Yep, sorry not buying that the slack disappears on lock. No other sportsbike in the planet has that

7. Cupracing

Cupracing

Also the 675r doesn’t have any slack here

8. gary1966

gary1966

So nobody listened to the last 30 seconds then?

9. GazP

GazP

Which bit? Attention to detail?

10. gary1966

gary1966

What a fantastic bike it is but I suppose that doesn’t really matter when there a cable a little to long

11. D41

D41

People can pick faults with it all day long, but if all they can find wrong with it is a few cables that are too long, or this, that, and the other, then perhaps they don't need to buy a new bike & should pop over to "The Life Store" instead??

12. GazP

GazP

I think anyone picks up on what resonates most to them. If you’re happy with it dude then cool.

13. gary1966

gary1966

People only see the negatives how many people drool over the mv agusta f3/f4 now if you want to see cables and a fuse box cover made out of an inner tube from a cycle go look do start me on Suzuki Kawasaki

14. Cupracing

Cupracing

It’s just nit picking really. No bike is perfect I’m afraid. The photos don’t do them justice. Every time I see one in the flesh, I think that bike looks stunning! I really wish they gave the uk a choice of the red details though as it does make the bike look even sweeter.

15. It’s about what’s reasonable to expect on a bike that costs £6k more than the bike it replaces and shares 75% of the components. I’m sure that people are very happy with them and that’s great, I didn’t buy a MV F3 for the reasons you mentioned, they are £14k and built like crap. I bought a Panigale v2 so it’s not just jealousy because I made my choice also. And it was a close choice.

16. Same here fella, I know I would have been happy with the 765 Moto2, but somethings didn't sit right with me... Glad I bought my s1000rr it has surpassed my expectations and more! I will continue to follow the reviews etc. Of the D765 and know it would have been a slight step up from my 675r which was amazing! IMG_20200323_150356.jpg

17. Cupracing

Cupracing

Glad your enjoying yours, I can’t wait to get mine