675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Neighbours from hell

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by mush, Sep 2, 2014.

1. mush

mush

Yam Black Country Lad

Just need to vent some steam before I explode or do something daft..

New neighbours moved adjacent us a couple of years ago and all was fine till last year when they started to complain about the parking outside my house I never had a problem with it but it seemed to much for them to cope with, (I have a drive and people park outside to visit the flats by us). First the daughters boyfriend got it in the neck then any one else who stopped there.

Next my missus was racist how they work that out I dunno as most her mates are Jamaican, then we were abusing her in her own house we don't even acknowledge there exsitance any more, now we've just had a nice phone call from the antisocial behaviour team saying we have been reported.

I want to go round and do some damage and I cant ,what the fu*k is up with people today..............

2. edd1e

edd1e

S*** through their letter box. Done.

3. Ino the feeling when they complain.
    I had mine moan at me for drilling then had the cheek to put a swing in my garden, so they could have a party.

I was fuming and to top it off i was putting the bike away and heard them say the set me straight. Hell let loose when that bike was away

4. Do they have evidence of all your 'wrongdoings'?

5. D41

D41

I'm assuming it's a public street, and you have every right to park on it??

I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly....are these people actually complaining that you park outside your own home??

6. Sad twats with nothing else in their life. Sorry for language. They don't have any right to moan about parking on the road even if it right outside their house. Just tell them to piss off. Honestly I don't get what it is with people and parking. I pay my insurance mot and tax and I can park where the hell I like as long as its legal to do so and o can anyone else

7. mush

mush

Yam Black Country Lad

What evidence we havn't done anything it's all made up, just had the police at the door over a comment I was supposed to have made on sunday I never saw the woman and never made the comment.

The copper looked ashamed as he just questioned me and said I have to come out it's been reported this is getting out of hand and my hands are tied ...

8. mush

mush

Yam Black Country Lad

No I park on my drive the daughters boyfriend used to park there but not any more they dont want any one to park there except for there friends..

9. This is the thing. I bet the copper knows already what/who the problem is but they have to follow up these complaints. He must have drawn the short straw tonight.

10. mush

mush

Yam Black Country Lad

Looks like a trip to the solicitors dunno what else to do we already act as if they don't exist ....

11. D41

D41

Cheers....understand. They're very territorial - my soon-to-be ex is the same way. These people obviously have some anger management issues....arguing with them is just going to inflame the situation. I think you have the right approach, and now it seems the Police are at least somewhat aware of what is occurring, which should put you in good stead should the situation worsen.

I'm very lucky - I have great neighbours.....one has a pair of dogs that can be a bit loud, but WTF - people have dogs, I'm just not into them.....other than that we watch out for each other.

12. So they don't want anyone other than their friends to park outside YOUR house? What right have they got to say that then?

13. Just get yourself some decent cameras on your own property and next time theirs any complaint ask for the time and date and prove to the police their wasting police time.
    I'd also do my best to make sure theirs a car parked outside my house all the time.

14. Exactly. Fuck 'em.

15. Pay some yobs to smash their friends cars up.
    Then say you park at your own risk

16. Rogerrabbit

Rogerrabbit

They can't dictate who parks on a public road if the vehicle is taxed and insured, I bet it's alright for them to park on someone else's street when they visiting friends. They just need to chill out as there are more important things in life to stress about like how many bits of carbon fibre bits I need for my bike!! :)

17. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

As long as it's a public road and no yellow lines then you/friends have every rigth to park there.

Sounds like harrassment to me.

18. mush

mush

Yam Black Country Lad

Cheers lads I'm just so angry at the minute and they are playing the race card to boot If I was on my own I wouldn't bat an eyelid because it' all lies and crap but it's killin the missus she's stressed out to the nines

19. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Stuck a skip outside for a few weeks, just messing grrrr

20. Aceman

Aceman

If you have a crossover (aka a dropped kerb) leading up to your driveway, nobody is allowed to park on it, even if the parked vehicle overlaps it just a little. If you do have a crossover, you should be able to call your council, and they'll either get it towed away, at no cost to you, or give it a parking fine.