675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

New beginnings

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cloughie, Dec 30, 2019.

1. cloughie

cloughie

Merry Christmas to all hope it will be better than mine 16 years at my firm has come to an end it’s gone pop ...... oh and by the way you have to go to the government for your wages and redundancy....... probably the push I needed to be honest, my wife’s in recruitment so I’ll have a job to put me on till I find another job that suits me but I’m also going to start making rustic furniture out of scaffolding planks too as a side line . Happy new year to me and you guys

2. Sorry to hear about your job mate. A lot of this sort of thing always seems to happen around this time of year, not good to be told your out of work at any time but especially around Xmas. Best wishes in sorting something out soon. What were you doing in your old job

3. cloughie

cloughie

Supervisory role at a Shopfitting/joinery firm , I took my wage worth intools mind before the rats turned up Image1577705104.540595.jpg

4. SW73

SW73

@cloughie sorry to hear that. It's an awful thing to happen at any time but now is hardly ideal. Hope you get sorted soon. It's all wrong the way workers can be left out of pocket. Good luck. It sounds like you have plenty of skills though. I wish you were local to me!

5. cloughie

cloughie

Cheers buddy

6. GazP

GazP

Sorry to hear the news mate. I went through similar but have to say it was the best thing to happen to me and gave me the push to do something that I was more interested in. Hope it work out and 2020 is your year!

7. cloughie

cloughie

Cheers bud . Appreciated

8. peter hawkins

peter hawkins

Sorry to hear about the job dud,ii lost my job after 9 years, but took a contract jo 3.5 years ago and have not looked back good luck for 2020 iam sure all will be good .happy new year.

9. Sorry to hear this, hopefully you get a new job soon and onwards and upwards

10. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Another fork in the road and all that - hopefully it won’t be long before you’re in the next, much better/interesting/well paid etc role

11. cloughie

cloughie

Cheers guys irons in fires and all that .

12. Badapple

Badapple

My situation was very similar 9 years ago and it pushed me out of my comfort zone and into a much more family friendly career. I'm now looking at changing once again as the children are older and easier to work around.

Good luck ( p.s I'm still using the " surplus " screws and odds and sods from when the company folded;)

13. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Terrible timing for you Cloughie, hope it does turn out to be a blessing in heavy disguise for you.

14. cloughie

cloughie

Update 4 interviews x4 job offers I decided to go back on the tools again no hassle dealing with managers who know everything not involved in bullshit meetings , I’m 2k down in salary but the overtime rate takes me way above my old salary.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Badapple

Badapple

Excellent news well done

16. cloughie

cloughie

Cheers bud

• Like Like x 1
  17. Great new year news mate.

18. GazP

GazP

Awesome mate. Good luck with the new job.

19. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Good news to start 2020 - congratulations and nice to hear you found something quickly!

Got to be said if you have a job you enjoy, that pays ok/has some possibility of overtime or bonus cash, without the “bullshit factor” then you’re onto a winner Add a decent boss and colleagues with a similar work ethic into the mix and you’ll be a valued employee for quite a while. Good jobs/employers keep good employees after all.

20. cloughie

cloughie

Cheers fellas all seem very good also a few of the lads from the old place have been taken on too so makes been the new boy easier