675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

New lid and paint

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by farmer1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. farmer1

farmer1

Just picked up my new 40th birthday present to myself from the painter.
    Richard from richart concepts has done another fantastic job for me.
    It wasn't cheap but I have yet to see anyone who can touch him for quality of work. 20190126_165418.jpeg 20190126_165408.jpeg 20190126_165347.jpeg 20190126_165336.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty sweet!

3. I love this so much!!! James Haydon is my all time favourite design, I’m also going to get Rich to do this on my next lid

4. GazP

GazP

Sweet design there.

What was the original lid colour? Plain white?

5. farmer1

farmer1

@phil748
    It's well worth it Phil.
    He's a genuinely nice guy too, nothing is too much trouble, just seems to give proper old school customer service.
    I dropped the lid off before paint and collected it from him this afternoon and was welcomed into his home and spent the best part of an hour on both occasions just chatting about the various Jh designs/colour schemes he's done that for one reason or another didn't make it to the track.
    Also the work he does is amazing it is flawless.

6. farmer1

farmer1

@GazP
    No it was carbon with a white design on.

7. Hogster

Hogster

What sort of cost is this, something not so detailed and does it need to be a white helmet?

8. farmer1

farmer1

The paint for that design was £650, it's not cheap and more than a little indulgent but it was a big birthday present to myself lol.
    Richard is a really nice guy and does a fantastic job, drop him an email with what you're after and he'll give you a price and maybe a few ideas to improve your design.

9. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

10. Hogster

Hogster

Ahh great, suppose you get what you pay for. I may look into this down the line as the helmet im getting is just plain black but id probably get a white one if it was to be sprayed.

11. farmer1

farmer1

You definitely do get what you pay for, I've tried some cheaper painter options, some have been ok, one was an absolute disaster and ruined a brand new shoie (that was an expensive lesson).
    Rich never seems too bothered about colour to start with, I've had plain white, plain black, and gloss carbon all painted successfully.
    Although its expensive it makes me look after my lids and I tend to keep them for five years rather than chopping and changing every year or two.

12. The coolest thing I’ve seen is someone at Burger King in Newbury who had I think an 848 and had the Haydon colours but had flipped it so the red matched the bike, was so cool’ wish I took a picture

13. farmer1

farmer1

Was it this handsome chap lol.
    That was the first Richart one I had done and is still my favourite.
    Jh wore that colour scheme at one bsb round (Croft I think) but cant remember the year, virgin mobile r1 days.
    FB_IMG_1575546067098.jpeg

14. It bloody well was sir! Well I can’t confirm you are handsome but you do have a lovely helmet! How long did you have your 848 for? Do you miss it?

15. farmer1

farmer1

Ha ha,
    I had the 848 from new on an 08 plate and traded it for the 675r in 2012, so kept it for 4 years.
    I think I miss all my old bikes in one way or another, I'm pretty sure if I won the lottery I would have a collection of all my old bikes in the shed.
    I'm now back on a panigale 959 so the 848 must've left some impression all those years ago lol.

16. Rossgo

Rossgo

Farmer that is looking sweet!