675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

New Street Triple 800 - 10th January

Discussion in 'General' started by Burndownthediscos, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Burndownthediscos

Burndownthediscos

"No idea what you're talking about??" - Triumph 2 weeks ago

This morning - Good to see the folks who do KTM's videos getting more work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Yes, nothing to see here - just 800cc's of triple, TFT screen - so assume that'll have full cornering TC/abs etc. surely it'd be silly not to do a Daytona version if this sells well in a street guise...?

3. Burndownthediscos

Burndownthediscos

I'm not sure how widely reported it is that they are still making some Daytonas until 2018 in Euro 3 guise.

Hopefully a last hurrah super duper version

4. Stu675

Stu675

Was just thinking as I was reading BIKE & RIDE all the new models for next year, what happened to...

What are Triumph thinking? there's been like a couple of shows, and bike mag features that could have provided some publicity for this. Are they ashamed of it in amongst all their beardy dreary offerings or is this a counter intuitive marketing tour de force launching it all on it's own? Or was it just not ready in time? :-??

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Burndownthediscos

Burndownthediscos

Given the amount of ex print journos/editors being recruited by manufacturers to be their content marketing editors (and other fancy job titles) you are going to see a big shift in how new bikes are marketed over the next few years.

It will be like TV/Film soon where big studios negotiate film/series release so they have max impact. Ducati call Triumph to say hey we are going to release all our videos for the megabike in Feb why don't you schedule your wonderbike promos for late Jan and so on.

The problem in all of this is that being an established print journo has nothing to do with online video content. The ones that work understand what a viewer wants from a video. The ones that don't basically say out loud what they would write in their magazine.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  6. kwacky

kwacky

I would expect to see the same electronics package they've got on the new Speed Triple being used on the smaller version.

I reckon we'll get 2 or 3 versions of this - basic, semi blinged and all of the bling.

7. + auto blipper as standard,
    It's going to be a nice bike

• Like Like x 1
  8. lowsider

lowsider

I wonder if the engine will fit in a Daytona frame?

9. gary1966

gary1966

Unless they are making one in secret I can't see it any time soon, think I read that it took 4 years to plan make the current 13 model

10. Stu675

Stu675

Or just ad clip-ons and a fairing to the new bike.

11. elloryp

elloryp

It's been snapped, engine will be 765 £10k for the R version

12. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

Going by all the tweeting from the Street Triple launch it's a bit of a weapon. Can't wait to have a go.

13. £9900 for the RS I'm told! Seriously tempting

14. elloryp

elloryp

Kinda wish they'd kept the red flash in the top spec version. I love the bit of red on my 13 R, not so keen on the silver RS but that's the spec I'd want. And I'd rather not have to find another £1500 on top of the cost of the bike for a paint job.

15. Wyrm

Wyrm

Yes starting at £9,900 for the RS, £8,900 for the R, £8,000 for the S, and £7,700 for the A2 660cc version.
    Non-standard paint is £125 extra! The S in Diablo Red is £8,000 but if you want Phantom Black then you need to find another £125.
    I'm guessing that will be across the range.