675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

No biking today so I went to...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Frequent Flyer, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

RIAT at RAF Fairford! got a last minute call from a friend who's brother in law was flying at No.8 - Breitling lounge wasn't too shabby for the view of the wall to wall planes/Breitling girls, although judging by the amount of champagne cocktails the Mrs had there, she might be a fair bit more expensive to run from now on... kids loved it too and drained me of cash for rides, toys and ice creams and just got home from a class day out. I'll have to download the pics of the F-22, stealth bomber, Eurofighter, Spirfires, Lancaster etc. another time from the main camera, but here's some iPhone pics of the arrows for now. Ta for the tickets Red 8!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. D41

D41

Looks like a blast!! A couple of years ago I went for a Spitfire ride, which was pretty fcuking epic...and cold....and expensive...and worth every penny.
    Those enthusiasts who fly/own those old warbirds are a unique bunch....the plane I was in was a post-war model, but looked like it had been built yesterday ....the guy came all the way from NorCal or NV. or sommit just for me and my son as "No-one knows what they are anymore, and I hardly get to take anyone up these days...especially not a youngun like you" (I'm 50..)

We had a mock dogfight with a Zero...I got to start the thing up, etc......great fun.

3. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Nice one, some super pics there matey.

4. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Last weekend was a "couple day" so the missus took me to the inside out festival in Cardiff instead of letting me out biking.

Annie Mac, Craiiiiiiiiig Daviiiiiiiid, lethal buzzer, Claptone, Sigala and possibly best of all, Fabio and Grooverider were there. Fun was still had, even if I spent the fuel money on three beers and brought half the field home with me (mud, not the scantily clad clubbing ladies!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1