675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

No Justice Sometimes!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Wyrm, Feb 14, 2013.

1. D41

D41

I agree, take the phone out of the equation and she is still guilty of driving without due care and attention regardless....the phone could well put that into dangerous driving territory.

That happened here and she'd be going away for a good stretch (and diet).

2. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

Yet again we see the lack of justice being done.... It beggars belief that she finally admitted after lies apon lies about using the phone, that it turns out she was on it for the entire journey.

It is no help to the poor fella and his family who lost his life to this guilty driver, and that is Clear to everyone, but she will get her's it's all part of the cycle of life and karma.

It makes my blood boil, and yeah legs that smirking face, really does need a slight amendment! Not that I would do such a thing, but be my guest. ;)

3. Min

Min

What a travesty! Regardless of the whereabouts of her phone and the lies she told about its use at the time of the accident, how can she not be found culpable on the grounds of causing death by driving with undue care and attention at the very least if not actual careless driving which is a totally different charge, she has pulled out of a give way junction directly across the path of an oncoming vehicle, and admits herself that she "Didn't see him until the point of collision" therefore GUILTY of UCA by her own admission, just hope the guys familys lawyers are on the ball and demand a new hearing.

Don't honestly think its the police that are the problem here as apparently they were pushing for a prosecution rather its the mis-carriage of justice by the crown prosecution service and the way they operate that is wrong on so many different levels.

Have to say the CPS from several personal experiences at inquests i've attended are a bunch of tossers and often tie themselves up in legal knots and even though the facts are accurate and clearly presented they can only base the resultant outcome or decision on a charge or accusation on past and approved statute law (Probably where the "careless driving" charges were brught into play but because of a technicality or situation that was contrary to statute legislation the charge could not be made to stick - I presume) although as every case and situation is clearly very different application can be made by lawyers if there are sufficient grounds for such decisions to be over ruled and used as the basis for verdicts to be quashed a re-hearing to take place pertinent to actual facts. The fact that the police investigator claims that she "very likely contributed" and the coroner quotes her accounts as "Total rubbish" I dont think this is the end of the story and the smug cow (Laughing when she knows she at the very least contributed or at worst caused the death of an innocent person) will get whats coming to her.

I'm no legal expert but have had a similar situation explained to me when a situation not unlike this happened at a coroners inquest I was invited to give evidence at.

4. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

The Legal system stinks. For this to happen is proof enough of that.

In my limited experience "Specials" are anything but, they tend to be either failed wannabe proper coppers, sad Billy no mates types that need a uniform for self confidence, or creepy f*cktards (To use one of Nicks phrases ;) ) that want to boss people about. A girl I went to school with and my old Dentist were both "Specials" and they were both anti social feckers with serious issues.

I've tried verbalising my feelings about this but no matter what I type it's too strong suffice to say I hope something very painful and terminal occurs to her soon.

5. dino

dino

Heres another example no justice

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VhHGFhPWew[/youtube]

The driver of the car was arrested as soon as the policeman saw the video. All he got was a driver awareness course.

6. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Does double jeopardy still exist in the laws of this land? A re trial should definitely be reinforced upon the smirking cow if not by the family but by the general public. Regardless of the phone issue, it was plain and simple driving without due care and attention.

Put bikers on the jury and see how long that smile lasts for on her face!

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Have sent the following email to the complaints people at Dorset Police:

Dear Sirs

Special Constable Collette Carpenter

I have read the reports of the inquest of David Bartholomew.

I would like to know whether Ms Carpenter remains with Dorset Police. Please can you adviise whether she is still a serving Officer, or whether she has resigned, or whether she has faced or is facing disciplinary action arising out of the death of Mr Bartholomew?

My opinion is that she is unfit to be a police officer. Quite apart from her admitted lies, her demeanour on arrival at the Coroner's Court is a disgrace.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Yours faithfully

Ed Austin

8. D41

D41

I shouldn't worry about it Ed...she'll be gone...no Chief Constable wants someone like that on the force.

9. Edski675

I'm sure you're right, but I'd like them to say yes we sacked her.

10. D41

D41

They won't...she's just a spesh...she'll be gone and that will be the end of it as far as Dorset Constab. is concerned...no-one on the force will want anything to do with her after this - that's just the way it works.

11. Edski675

As and when I receive a reply, I'll post it up.

12. Edski675

Dear Mr Austin

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that you have had cause to write to the Dorset Police. I am able to inform you that Special Constable Carpenter has resigned, prior to internal Disciplinary Proceedings being instigated.

The maximum sanction for any such proceedings would have been a requirement to resign.

Andy Strong
    A/Detective Chief Inspector
    Complaints and Misconduct
    Professional Standards Dept
    Dorset Police HQ
    Winfrith
    Dorset
    DT2 8DZ

13. Jamie2up

Jamie2up

Now lets hope she drops down dead!!!

14. dino

dino

Death would be far too swift

A long lingering debilitating illness would get my vote. Just to the point where she might become a financial drain on the state them an agonising death,

15. Someone I vaguely new (neighbour of the in laws) hit a young lady (25yo) as she turned off a large round about in Bristol. The girl was pulling a suitcase across the road and this women hit the suit case with her car so hard that the case hit the girl and she died. Bitch got done for dangerous driving and got a 1year ban!
    All she could do for that whole year was moan about how unfair her ban was!
    These sorts of people have no remorse what so ever.
    A couple of years later she died of cancer. All I could think when I heard was, about time.

16. Just seen on Facebook that MCN have posted this case up and it's causing quite a stir. Hats off to Ed for finding out that she had resigned not really surprised the fat knacker didn't even have the balls to face what was coming to her in the line of a Police Enquiry. Personally her face offends me and I hope that Karma deals her a long agonising path to the grave, fat useless slugs like her get to exist whilst brave heroes like our guys and girls on the front lines in Afghanistan are snuffed out there is no justice in this country. Personally the more press this fat bint gets the more I hope somebody goes vigilante and lays the smack down on her fat ass....

17. Min

Min

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You ARE a star bud! - Blew my cuppa threw my nose reading that bit! The day is far better with a laugh - THANKS!!!

ALSO your other sentiments are very appropriate and true!!!

18. God I hope you didn't burn yourself mate? :lol: Always glad I can make people chuckle what is life without laughter after all :D

19. D41

D41

Was kind of a foregone conclusion she'd be off the force...the moment they lie like she did their whole integrity is shot in the eyes of their superiors.

20. Stu675

Stu675

FYI
    from this report http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 ... rtholomew/
    So the biker was overtaking at a junction so not entirely blameless.