675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Oil Leak Help

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by neil123456, Apr 9, 2017.

1. neil123456

neil123456

Hi,

Having an issue with my 09 ER6, thinking there may be help here that could help/advise?

I have a leak on my ER6, I have noticed this only recently. It doesn't always leak which is strange. I took the bike out today and after 10 miles there was a small amount of oil, I cleaned it and by the time I rode home no sign of any leak.

Any way need advice to get it sorted. I believe that this is from the "timing rotor cap" on the clutch casing? I have illustrated on the picture where it is leaking from. Oil Oil

Why would there be oil leaking from here, does oil sit just behind this cover?

Is this a sign of issues with my valve clearance or timing?

I am hoping there is an o ring seal behind the cap and this could be the issue? Or should there not be oil at all from behind the cap?

I have tired but can't get the cap off.

Thanks

thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg

2. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

It could be that it just needs nipping up. Sounds like it's leaking when it's cold, and when everything is hot and expanded it's tight and the leak stops.