675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Ok then, 2019. Here we go.

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by trackdaybob, Feb 11, 2019.

1. I'm off to Cadwell on Sunday. First one of the year and in a bloody long time really.
    Not sure what to expect really. From myself more than anything but I'm looking forward to it and enjoying preparing, loading the van, etc. The anticipation is back and it's a great feeling.

It's all about getting a little tracktime before the season kicks off at Croft (NEMCRC) then Brands Hatch (TSGB) in March.
    The 675 will be making an appearance too as I'm planning racing it in the British Military Championship.
    I'll start with the CB500 though, just ease myself in gently.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Awesome news, when was the last time you where on track?
    I’m off to brands on Saturday

3. Croft in Aug 17. It didn't end well. Pretty much recovered now and managed an afternoon at Cadwell in November last year.
    I'm rusty and it will be a good few months until I'm anything like near my usual pace. I've just to remember not to get too frustrated early on.
    Tracktime and lots of it on the menu ;)

Enjoy Brands. Hopefully you'll get a decent day.

4. Glad to hear it!
    Yep hopefully the weathers good for both of us but first outing for a newly built bike means I’ll be taking it easy haha!

5. Ok next three booked. Starting proper now.
    11th+12th March up at Cadwell with NL, then back on the 16th with MSVT ;)

6. enjoy bob away to test day e,f march sunday 17th

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Weather today is currently looking pretty good mate, if a little chilly to start.
    However you may want to pack your WOW's for tomorrow. [​IMG]

8. Yes bloody cold this morning. Windy too.
    Did the sighting laps then straight back in.
    It's drying up though and had one session now. I'm wooden it's fair to say. Struggling to relax proper on the bike.

9. Well today was a compete washout. Heavy, driving rain and blowing a gale, we decided not to bother. Complete contrast to yesterday, whilst cold and windy, was a beautiful day.
    Truth be told by the afternoon I felt I actually found a little something. Still way off pace but a little more comfortable. Than before.
    My brain was struggling to re-calibrate, I'm struggling to relax and my vision being compressed and not far enough ahead. I had to keep telling myself to relax, move my head and eyes and extend my vision. Things that should come naturally and will again with more seat time. Muscles were aching as I was too tense whilst on the bike, again this should ease as I get back into it.
    I did enjoy it though. Oh yes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to Saturday now.
    @peter doson My NEMCRC entry is confirmed for Croft.

• Like Like x 1
  10. StMarks

StMarks PTG

0_0 Hope you got ^ that front wheel re-planted before Hall bends.!
    Shame about today, at least yesterday gave you a gentle start back to track.

11. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Looked like you were taking it easy... great to hear your back on the horse!

12. will catch up bob ef cancelled last sunday test day,snow arghh

13. cpszx

cpszx

i wish my trying hard looked half as good as your taking it easy :lol:

good to see you back on track bud

14. 12,13+14 July at Cadwell booked today.
    Could be when the 675 breaks cover although hopefully, I'd like to get out before that.

15. Bigmac

Bigmac

I'm wanting to do a brace at Cadwell soon, I might look at these dates

• Like Like x 1
  16. Booked 12th and 13th, not sure which bike yet, hopefully my 675 might also break cover then too!......see you there, Bob

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bigmac

Bigmac

Who is it with?

18. Cool, see you there.

MSV.

19. Cadwell 27+28 August booked. Both with NL.

20. I'm off to Cadwell on Friday. It's Retro RR magazine classic trackday. The cut off is year 2000 models.
    Thankfully, the R1 is 1998 ;)
    So it is now in the van o_O
    [​IMG]