675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Oops!

Discussion in 'General' started by Legacey, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Legacey

Legacey

Moderator Staff Member

I was banned from driving on the 27th September for 6 months. I went to court for a suspension of the ban until my appeal was heard but that was denied so I wasn’t hoping for much luck today but the judge said I didn’t commit the offence that I had been prosecuted for so after 10 weeks of not driving and £3500 later, I have my licence back, yay!

• Like Like x 1
  2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Ouch.!

Do you ever see those Police traffic programmes on TV...
    Standard format seems to have dozens of coppers & helicopter chasing some stolen car at brakeneck speed halfway across the county, leaving a trail of destruction in it's wake. After crashing the car & making off the twunts are (occasionally) caught. No licence, no insurance, failing to stop, dangerous driving, driving under the influence etc.... all in a stolen car. Then the narrator usually closes the section with something like; " he received 6 points on his licence & a £250 fine"
    :wall:

3. Legacey

Legacey

Moderator Staff Member

I had to stop watching them! Used to rage me

4. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

Good to read - Happy days :smileup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Badapple

Badapple

Great news nice one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Great result and well done for pursuing this as it paid off but what an inadequate system isn't it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. GazP

GazP

So if they made a mistake do you get to recover your court costs? Or is that wishful thinking?

8. Legacey

Legacey

Moderator Staff Member

As soon as the Judge said my appeal was granted the Barrister asked for me to be able to claim back costs so I’ll speak with the solicitor tomorrow and see how I go about doing that. My fine was £950 so I will definitely get that back

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Rossgo

Rossgo

Well in Legs. At bloody last!

• Thanks Thanks x 1