675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by D41, May 2, 2011.

1. D41

D41

:clap:

.....that is all!

2. Just need to see photos now.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Standby for another dose of double standards…
    Imagine the outcry if UK or US dead soldiers were put on a platter for all to see?

Hardly proud viewing watching all the citizens outside the Whitehouse chanting USA USA?

4. As a proud soldier who served in Afghanistan, I am delighted with this news, and my thoughts are with my brothers and sisters in the military who have paid the ultimate price, and for the victims of terrorist atrocities worldwide. I hope they will find some kind of peace with this news...

5. There are photos going around Twitter and they've been picked up by some of the news networks, such as Sky. But in the last images of him alive he had a grey beard and grey hair and in the one that is supposed to show him in death he has a full black beard, so unless he's been investing in Just For Men in recent months I'd wouldn't trust the new photo. The Associated Press has now announced that it cannot verify that the person in the photo that they posted earlier is Osama bin Laden nor can it confirm the source.

6. Wouldn't matter if he was dead. These brainwashed, poorly educated extremists will carry on regardless, if not step up their offensive. He is now a martyr to them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Osama Bin Laden was far from poorly educated nor were most of the London bombers.

8. carl77

carl77

the baffling thing is, there not all poorly educated, theres a fair percentage university educated

9. He won't be dead!! The yanks will have him. Hence the water burial!!

Cuz I'm sure that was really to prevent shrines being built. They just wanted an excuse for having no body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. D41

D41

It was eery to see that, but not surprising considering the pain he has brought to the people of this country.

11. Fair play to the yanks, they still take the Bins out on a bank holiday :p

12. Min

Min

Well good riddance to the scum the only thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is the disrespect shown to all the victims both civilian and service personnel who have lost their lives to this bunch of sand eating mother f#cking dogs- according to CNN and the BBC he was buried according to Islamic Law and prior to this his body treated according to their teachings and beliefs in order not to further upset muslim sensitivities - SENSITIVITIES - UTTER BOLLOCKS!!! Actually it probably was not but what a shame/disgrace the powers that be have to say this in order to save causing offence - Political correctness gone f#cking MAD! What respect has ever been shown to their victims or their families? For me they should have dragged his body back to the US and placed it at ground zero in a pit then allowed any one who wished piss or shite on it or otherwise suitably defile it in a gesture to the whole of the Islamic fundamentalist movement (And i'm sure the qeue would be miles long!), the same way the cowards shit on the rest of the civillised world. RANT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FROM OVER SORRY GUYS!!! :x :x :x

13. BaZZa

BaZZa

14. Thats Americas biggest grudge dealt with however, sadly, AQ will carry on as before, this will be forgotten by Friday and many of my friends and I will still deploy to Afghan next year. In the grand scheme of things this makes not the slightest bit of difference.

As much as I hate Bin Laden Im glad the Yanks didn't give the bomb makers a reason to work harder by showing his body to the world and making him a martyr.

15. vespario

vespario

Sadly Bin Laden, Al Queda, The Taliban and all the other extremist groups are a poor but very loud representation of Islam. I hope that the uprisings across the Middle East and North Africa of thousands of decent and moderate muslims is the future and is heard just as loud in the USA and West.

Osama got no less than he could have expected but sadly for our brothers and sisters in the military it changes very little in the theatre.

Think the west needs to invest in reaching out to the disinfranchised muslim youth and give them something better to believe in than attacking democracies and exploiting loopholes in the freedom of speech laws.

Great job done today by the US Special forces. US celebrations are a measure of how deep the 9/11 scars run!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same could be said about Bush and the thousands of families scattered across the globe that has loved ones killed in the name of freedom.
    Hardly a day goes by without another apology issued due to innocents mistakenly taken out by armed drones!
    Let’s not forget the torture and waterboarding that was approved as a justifiable means of extraction by taking people to camps and ruling them outside of international laws.
    (Did you know that the US hung Japanese soldiers after WWII for waterboarding US troops?)

17. St.George

St.George

Double standards!!! So if the Taliban or AQ captured British or US Military personnel they wouldn't post the images all over the net for the world to see??

I seem to remember seeing Ken Bigley all over the news/internet a few years ago! He was a civilian and look what they did to him.

I also remember seeing those American private security contractors murdered, dragged through the streets and there burnt bodies hung from a bridge in Fallujah, Iraq.

And let's not forget the countless number of Soviet troops that were beheaded years ago and the video footage posted all over the internet!

Please don't start with the double standards thing - there's enough of that going on in this country!! (Can't wear your crash helmet to pay for petrol but you can wear a burkha.........!)

18. hamster86

hamster86

Won't the fact that people now know he is dead make problems worse for revenge etc. Wouldn't it have been better to keep their mouths shut. Capture him and kill all those nearby as if he had gone into hiding again.

19. D41

D41

ai.imgur.com_IDsF2.gif

I think that the recent events in Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc. may very well have made Al Qaeda irrelevant to many members of the general public in the Middle East...the ordinary man on the street is no longer interested in how the West is demonized by their leaders...they're coming to the realization that their own leaders themselves are the ones to blame for the conditions under which they live...at least that's my hope...

Either way...yesterday was a fantastic day for us here in the USA...and today is turning out to be the same...the 9/11 attacks cast a pall over this country...and one that has been erased to a huge extent by yesterday's news...Mary & I watched the breaking news along with a few others in a neighbours garage...you could hear fireworks going off a few blocks away...it had a very 4th Of July feel to it...most impressed with the way everyone came together and it definitely made me proud to be an American.

20. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

What is the likelihood that the U.S took a DNA sample and has verified the ID if possible?

Re your thoughts on the M.E Daz, as a few of you know I was recently working in the M.E, and this particular opinion was in at least 2 Editorials in the newspapers out there whilst the social changes were underway.
    If a bit of money is recycled into the infrastructure in these countries instead of going into the pockets of the likes of Gaddafi and Mubarak, the average citizen that supports organisations like AQ due to desperation politics may change their opinion of democracy generally.