675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Philip Island March 2020

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Frequent Flyer, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

It’s been on the cards for a while - basically ever since I missed out on the NL Philip Island 2019 trip by a matter of minutes it’s been on the fridge as a reminder...

Agreed with Mrs FF to go on a family trip Feb-March 2020, doing Adelaide-Brisbane-Noosa-Byron-Sydney-Melbourne - booked the international flights back in June, after some consultation with Steve Brougie of Philip Island ride days on probable dates... well, those probable dates were excellent tips. The outline itinerary had us in Melbourne just in time to make the 11th March trackday

Better still, when “negotiating” the two weeks travel itinerary beforehand (visiting all the old places and old friends), my wife turned to me and said “why not do two days, I don’t like it, but I know it’s on your bucket list” - so am booked on for the 10th and 11th of March as of last night! Let’s just say I’m like a kid in a sweet shop right now!

IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG

Two days, 6 sessions on a 2019 BMWS1000rr and brand new alpinestars track gear - “bargain” at only £880 at the current exchange rate - but when you have 2.5 days at Mugello for the same on your own bike... let’s just say I hope I don’t crash it and get on with the Beemer!

I shall post some updates of the trip and the trackday in the new year

Got just over 4.5 months to play lots of PlayStation laps/watch lots
    YouTube/race footage!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

After having just watched the MotoGP, 2 days on track at Philip Island sounds epic!

3. Bigmac

Bigmac

I’m going to Melbourne next Xmas
    You reckon they do days over they Xmas period!

4. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Here’s the website @Bigmac https://www.phillipislandridedays.com.au/

They have rides on 18-19-20th Dec and then on the 2-3rd Jan. close enough? ** just realised you said next Xmas - use the above dates as a guide and they’ll be within a couple of day’s of those.

FWIW the January onwards dates were released on Thursday (so before the MotoGP) - think the Sept-Dec dates were released either in April or May. Sign up to their mailing list - they’re very good at answering reams of questions

Link to the bike and gear hire https://www.phillipislandridedays.com.au/pird-bike-gear-hire

And this Canuck gives a good overview of the day, hire bikes and gear you get. Debating wether or not to take my own lid or not. They provide back protectors too, no chest protectors if you want one though.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  5. Bigmac

Bigmac

We are going because my missus sister is getting married on the 19th
    Could be a good excuse for me to get out of the way the day before

6. Red675

Red675

That’s superb mate you must be like a kid at Christmas! Good luck, plenty of pics please and mind out for those cross winds at turn 1 ;))

7. Red675

Red675

You’re a brave man :lol:

8. Bigmac

Bigmac

I raced at Anglesey the day before a family holiday in Barbados if I said that the thought of crashing a missing it didn’t enter my mind in the last few laps I’d be lying

9. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Mrs FF let me have two days on track 10-11th, March only as we’re flying back home on the 13th. Theory being if I crash, it won’t ruin the rest of the trip...