675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Please Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Jrocka, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Jrocka

Jrocka

All,
    What's up I am Jared.
    First of all I am a rook at this forum business.

I recently got my bike back from Japan, while stationed there I had my bike tuned to pass emissions but it failed the tests. During this time I had bought a PCV to help the tuner. When I got my bike back on the first ride it would not Rev above 8k with a load. I searched all kinds of forums, took it to a dyno make sure it was the tune, changed spark plugs. Checked my tps with the pc, and finally I realized that it was the EXUP valve that wasn't opening during riding.

My question is what would cause the valve to not open a 6k. Like it is supposed to?

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

2. StephenP

StephenP

They always seize at some point. It's a common issue, you can loosen it by removing the wires and spraying some wd40 on it while turning it until it moves freely.

Also make sure the cables are adjusted correctly.

Or just bin it, the valve stays open if you remove the cables then switch it off Vis tuneecu or get a servo plug to stop the engine management light coming on.

3. Jrocka

Jrocka

My bad I forgot to say that I unplugged the servo to make it run right(with the ccheck engine light on) but the servo was operating the valve freely. It would close all the way with the key on the open back until start up which at that point it would close then stay closed.
    Maybe there is something else wrong that makes it open?

4. StephenP

StephenP

If you've unplugged the servo you should take it off and remove all the cables going to the valve. The spring should then hold the valve open.

5. you can buy delete plug which fits into servo plug wire point,then remove servo and wiring

6. Hogster

Hogster

Best thing is to cut it off remove the cables and servo and weld in a straight piece and then use tuneecu software to disable the check light and your problem is gone, power and noise should be improved too.