675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Police!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Dazza92, Jul 27, 2013.

1. StephenP

StephenP

I've only been pulled once, was on a road where its 50, came out of a bend onto it and got caught by a very harsh following wind that pushed me forward at a fair speed, bloody wind.

Anyway, police car was behind going into the bend and pulled me further down the road cause of the gap that had appeared between myself and him coming out of the bend, don't think he got caught by that strong wind. Either way, he got out and walked up to me on my bike and said "No need to take your helmet off, just gonna have a word"

Knew I was alright at that point cause he explained he's a biker himself, cue me acting the naughty little boy and rode away a little bit sheepishly until he turned in a different direction, then low and behold that strong wind came back again.

2. dont single us out it a joke, i was on an advance riding course with a friend, going down a busy ish country road (wass great to practice overtaking and observations) so i knew we werent speeding but we could see a police car way down the queue of cars.

we pulled over at a vistors centre to have a kind of debrief about how my riding was (as i was leading at the time)

next thing we know the cop car has come round to have a "look"

first thing he says, no hello or anything is we'll start with your number plate to my mate

theres an officer whose done amazing at improving road safety, saved lives there

3. Bigmac

Bigmac

In all honesty I just think the divide between decent coppers and jumped up power junkie nobs that got picked on in school and are taking it out on the world (not condoning bullying what's so ever) is shifting further and further the way of the pencil pushing twats and the decent coppers are becoming fewer and fewer

4. D41

D41

This is not aimed at you, or anyone else...

First off, the Police don't write the laws, they only enforce them. But they do have a means of allowing for this through use of their discretionary powers....prime example would be in Luductro's post #20.
    Are bikes targeted by the Police?....yes. Should they be?...as a biker I want to say no, as a Police Officer (I'm not one, just writing hypothetically) I'd say yes.

I mean ask yourself, how much of it is the bikers being targeted, and how much is we make ourselves a target??
    How many threads are there on just this site alone referencing aftermarket pipes, rearsets, tailtidies, turn signals, small licence plates, etc.....all cool stuff, but all illegal...and then we ride round in full view displaying all that stuff.....doesn't make much sense to complain about it if you get busted.

Look at the number of bikes on the road, and correlate that with the number of rider fatalities....the number is huge compared to other vehicle types. Now to be fair to us, a lot of those deaths involve multiple vehicle traffic accidents where another driver is at fault...but a lot don't.

End of the day, no-one buys a sportbike because they want to go slow, and the Police know that too.

5. I agree in principle with you d41 but theres probably as many cars running round with a loud exhausts, dodgy plates etc these days

if I get pulled for speeding then I have no problem but like what I said above when the guy was way down the road and we were doing nothing wrong (infact trying to improve our own road safety) for him to turn around when we pulled into a car park

he was determined to get us for something

6. Wyrm

Wyrm

I see far more cars breaking the law than bikes, yet far more bikes pulled over than cars. You do the math. ;)

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

You should be guzzling some local Vin, and enjoying the Mediterranean sun mate, NOT on your smartphone complaining about the police.
    :p Incidentally, the Gendarme have real guns as well as speed guns.

8. D41

D41

I'll bet if you ask any traffic cop how many rider body parts he's seen scattered all over the road like chunks of meat, it will also be higher than the number of car driver body parts he's seen in a similar position.

Riding is a dangerous hobby/sport....the stats for that are countless, and much of that is our own fault as riders...to argue otherwise (not that you are) is utterly pointless.
    Feel singled-out as a rider? - understandable....there's none of the dickhead squid mentality on here that you'll find on Gixxer.com, etc.....all I'm saying is, don't blame the cops for singling you out, blame the dickwads that have given riders a bad name, because for every 100 riders that pass someone, the 99 that did so responsibly will be forgotten in favour of the 1 nimrod who didn't.

9. Jay311275

Jay311275

Ermmm never said we were 'prattling' about !
    Also I was never Lane weaving I was dropping her from left to right just spreading some heat into the edges of the tyres in order to give me better handling/grip thus allowing me to be safer on the roads !
    Mr 'Average' probably doesn't ride, and riding without due care and attention ? Well we had no one around us! We remained in our lanes at all times.

10. Jay311275

Jay311275

They came out of a side road as we went PAST them
    ie a black bike and a white bike one of which was tilting left to right rode past them, can't recall which colour it was for some reason !

11. Jay311275

Jay311275

Are you saying Cops are not able to treat people on individual merit, that if there is one arsehole rider means they only treat the rest like ones as well ?

Did lill ole Adolf train these cops ? One and all are alike etc etc etc !

12. D41

D41

OK, then Jay you are right, but if I was a cop and I saw someone trying get heat into their tyres by weaving I'd automatically think they were about to start haulin' ass, not to mention the fact that it's an ineffective way of getting heat into them, so I'd also think they had no idea what they were doing.
    But I guess you know more than most tyre engineers do, so I'd rather ask more about how tyre deformation increases a tyre's contact-patch in a turn than keep going over the same point that you got pulled by the Police and you didn't like it, because I've yet to meet someone who does like getting pulled by the Police.

13. D41

D41

Alright, enough!....the moment people start making comparisons to Hitler/Nazi Germany I just switch off, because that's just a plainly ridiculous analogy that for some reason certain people think seems to prove a point.

It's also a silly comparison..."individual merit"...WTF is that??...because you're a "nice guy" and you ""usually don't do stuff like that?"??

MTFU and stop whining.

14. [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN][CLAPPING HANDS SIGN][CLAPPING HANDS SIGN]clap clap. MTFU such am under used phrase

15. If I am speeding and get caught I have no one to blame but myself. Mate of mine got pulled 5 times at Cadwell BSB 2 years ago. 4 times going and 1 coming back. Why? Because his number plate was size of mars bar. You had job to read it if you were a few feet away. Was given producer 1st time and each further time he was stopped as soon as he showed producer they let him on his way. On 4th time he gave some attitude towards copper and copper just said to us can you have a word with your mate and ask him to chill. He was pissed off but as we said to him he had been running that plate for over 12 months so law of averages said he would be pulled at some point.

We have to except some coppers will be cool and others arse holes. All we can do is smile and be polite and if we don't think we have done anything wrong, remember they hold all the aces (whether right or wrong). And if we still don't like it then buy a GS as I bet one of them as never been pulled over

16. Spreading heat!!?? Of course you had someone around you, you just said the police stopped you. Mr Average is a subjective test applied to matters such as driving styles and public order. He does not need to be present at any point to prove the offence.

17. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:roll: Well actually....

Although I was wheeling it, so I guess they was pretty much forced to "have a word".... :oops:

18. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law. Hahaha.

19. Jay311275

Jay311275

Think you hit the nail on the head lol don't ASSUME we're all criminals !