675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Quick quezzie

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Edski675, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

Is it ethical to take advantage of someone else's mistake?

Specifically, company advertises new rear tyres on its website at £15 each, and as they're new Pirellis and current stock it's plainly a mistake. Is it ethical to order them on the basis 'tough, it's their problem'? Or is it 'do unto others...'

Your view?

2. my wallet says buy, my conscience says dont buy, i say...go for it, see if you can get away with it

3. D41

D41

Buy them!!! - It's their responsibility, legally, to sell an item at the advertised price, & the onus is not on you to point it out - why the hell should you feel responsible for someone else's mistake????

Er....do you have a link????

4. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

Darren, they've taken it down now. I didn't buy. I felt it wasn't right. Got into a bit of a ruck about it on another site too :roll:

5. lost

lost

seen this before with crash helmets there way out is run out of stock and the new stock couple of days later is back to normal and its legal

6. bladebiker

bladebiker

A man of priciples and to be applauded in my view.

7. D41

D41

No doubt.

A few months ago Lings Triumph were blowing out gel seats for the D600/650 for 7 quid each...myself, and another lad from OZ both ordered them only to be emailed back that they'd mis-calculated the shipping quotes & were unable to ship them - they canceled the order. I had one of the UK lads buy one for me & ship it but the OZ lad emailed Ling's, stating that it wasn't his fault that they misquoted the cost & he expected them to honour the price they originally stated...they did! - so it doesn't hurt to try, IMO

8. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

My conscience says don't buy, however some people will, and then sell it to me at a large profit. That's even more against my principles!

My cynical little head voice says that it was a deliberate mistake to keep you going back to that supplier to see if he screwed up again.....