675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Quick shifter help!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Matt Tasker, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Matt Tasker

Matt Tasker

Hi, owned my 2009 ST for a few months now and rely enjoining it! My first time posting on the forums as I've not had my bike long.

I purchased a shifting control quick shifter for vin 411... And above, didn't realize and my vin is 406....
    After doing a bit of digging about on Facebook and the forums it seems the vin number is not too relevant as a few people claimed to be the same as me fitted and working.
    I decided to fit it, took the tank off, found the plug with the blank in and figured it must be suitable for mine.
    However it does not work, I have double checked the length 203.5mm, I have checked continuity across the pins on the shifter plug and it shows closed loop when I apply pressure etc as I'd expect.

Am I to presume this is just not compatible with my bike or have I missed something, maybe another plug or component I need. Or do I need a different quick shifter for my bike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've dug about everywhere but can't seem to find anything similar to my predicament

Thanks
    Matt

2. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Hi, sorry but I’m a bit confused what you’ve actually bought?

Have you a picture or the model of it?

Is it the Triumph QS?

Was it new or used?

Part No etc

Cheers

3. Matt Tasker

Matt Tasker

It's a shifting control quick shifter, don't have a part number for it. New. Screenshot_20180414-204257.png Screenshot_20180414-204248.png

4. Captain Steffydog

Ok, never heard of that one, there are loads that work with all the models from 2006 onward.

OE plug or not.

That one says Pull, I might be wrong, but I thought the Triumph OE unit was Push.

Someone will be along soon to clean this up for you.

Pictures are always a winner

5. Captain Steffydog

Instructions say it will work, I could easily be wrong.

What happens around 8000 rpm when you force the gear shift lever up while staying on the gas?

6. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Pull is correct for road shift.

7. Matt Tasker

Matt Tasker

As far as I can see it's of the correct cinstrconstr and operation, the switch in the shifter works, closing the curvit when shifting, it's like the bike is doing nothing with this signal. Should work above 2500, doesn't work at any RPM.

8. Stu675

Stu675

This looks like a copy of the Triumph plug and play quickshifter. Which only worked on Daytona’s from 2009. I thought it was only STs from later than 2009 (maybe 2013). But then I’m surprised you’ve found a socket on the bike to plug it in to (that doesn’t seem to work)

9. Stu675

Stu675

could have a read of this,I think you might be in the same situation as Nokinian - Plug fitted but bike too old to have ECU programmed to use a plug & play QS - As Steffy dog says you'll need to get a QS that works on any bike e.g. HM

https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,18176.0.html

10. Sulaco161

Sulaco161

11. Captain Steffydog