675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

RIP Nicky Hayden

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PyroUK, May 22, 2017.

1. 675RX

675RX

Please refrain from this shitty speculation about what happened, this is not Facebook and I don't really want to read that crap. Wait until we know the facts and don't jump to conclusions on what happened as we were not there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. D41

D41

Stu was only responding to other speculation re. the vehicle driver.

But that's OK, I guess.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cpszx

cpszx

my thoughts too.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. Red675

Red675

Dreadfully sad, will always remember 06 when Pedrosa took him out in the second to last race and he was a picture of dignity even though it looked like his championship had gone.
    I thought moto gp jules' suggestion to name t13 at Valencia after him beautiful.
    Rip champ :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sad sad news, RIP

6. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

7. StephenP

StephenP

Piss take justice system. Makes my blood boil that cases like this happen so often and the murderer gets off lightly.

I hate the fact they class it as something else when in short it's murder, you've taken a one ton weapon and killed someone, disgusting.

8. Red675

Red675

If the driver is only 30% responsible does that make the other 70 Nickys?
    I mean this in the best possible way but it doesnt sound like he was completely blameless (not stopping at a red light/headphones in etc).
    Its so rare these days that the punishment is deemed fitting of the crime by those that were effected but i think this doesnt sound as cut and dry as some cases (James Cracknell is the US for eg where he was literally twatted off by a juggernaut that wasnt paying attention).
    Just so bloody tragic and un necessary whoevers to blame i guess.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. D41

D41

In short, yes....but the court is not about to add insult-to-(fatal)-injury to Hayden or his family by adding to their loss.
    "He died, it was mainly due to something he himself did, let's not rub salt in the wound by reminding everyone", etc.

That'd be my take on their approach.

• Agree Agree x 1