675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Running Rough

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul Foster 365, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Paul Foster 365

Paul Foster 365

Hi

After a bit of help/advice, I have a 2010 Street Triple. The bike starts and runs great when its cold, but once it reaches temperature it starts to splutter and miss fire (i think its a miss fire) and becomes very temperamental to start.

Has anyone else experienced these problems, and been able to fix it. It has a new Reg/Rec and the battery is sound.

Cheers

2. Have you done any work lately to the bike that involved moving the tank/sensors

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Also, have the valve clearances been done recently? -If they were set wrongly (insufficient clearance) as was done to a forum member's bike by the garage he brought it from, then that would also give those sorts of symptoms.

4. Paul Foster 365

Paul Foster 365

No, nothing been done to the bike in the 9 months i've had it.

5. Paul Foster 365

Paul Foster 365

No, nothing been done to it in passed 9 month i have has it

6. If it's only just started, try checking the ecu for error codes via tune ecu or dealer.

Check spark plugs and gap them to the manual .70mm

Then the next could be idle control valve suffering from heat degridation. ( controls the butterflies via ecu to allow fuel flow )

7. Paul Foster 365

Paul Foster 365

Cheers

I put an SP Engineering can on it a while ago and just had it re-mapped for that on Saturday. Though I didn't ask them to check, they didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Going to change spark plugs this weekend, i have put 6k miles on it and don't know if they have been changed at all, has 13K on it now.

Is The temperamental starting likely to be a different issue? when cool the starts sounds strong and turns over quickly, when hot its anywhere between week and slow to nothing at all

Cheers

8. The hot start is usually R/R or batter/ starter but since you say reg rec and battery are new it's unlikely but not uncommon for new units to fail.

Running rough when hot though is usually fuel or spark related.

What set up have you got exhaust wise exup/o2 sensor? I've had e few customer have the exup motor unplugged but still on the bike and forgot to plug the o2 sensor back in.

9. Paul Foster 365

Paul Foster 365

Its a three in to one set up, i didn't need to unplug anything tho

10. Paul Foster 365

Paul Foster 365

Thanks for all the advice, got the problem sorted. it was a loose battery terminal