675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Sadly another member has passed away

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Legacey, Mar 23, 2020 at 11:12 AM.

1. Legacey

Legacey

Moderator Staff Member

Sad news, received a message from OS2 to say our member Gill has passed away :( Info below and image taken from the Facebook page...

I have just received some very sad news about a friend of mine and I'm sure many of you have spoken to Gill on this page and maybe follow her on Instagram, I have met her a few times and spoken to her a fair amount. Those that knew her will agree she was a lovely and kind person.

Gill passed away today after being involved in a collision with a car, I have no more information on this but I thought those that may have spoken to her on here would want to know.

90717182_10157353206462266_8065313124296687616_o.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020 at 12:23 PM
  2. I saw this on social media over the weekend. Very sad news :-( RIP

3. Awful news and was taken aback when I read it.

There is more info and a request for witnesses about the accident involving Gill on facebook 675 owners group/page.

* The above is a screenshot from the facebook group/page.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020 at 1:22 PM
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin

My brother was on this ride with Gill and another friend.
    He was directly behind her when an OAP in a car pulled out between the front rider and Gill, who was in the middle of the group, and he witnessed what happened.
    She tried to stop in time but couldn't.
    My brother was the first to get to Gill. Attempts to revive her were not successful.
    I didn't know Gill well, I only met her once but she was lovely.
    My heart goes out to her family and friends. This is a real tragedy.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. bladebiker

bladebiker

What terribly sad news. I did not have the pleasure of knowing her personally but my thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones. R.I.P Gill.

6. I only met her and messaged her a couple of times and, although I wouldn't ever say that I knew her or that we were friends, it hits hard when this happens to someone that you have a connection to.

My thoughts are with her family and friends and for all of those involved or who helped at the scene.

7. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

☹️ RIP - never nice to read. Take it easy out there everyone.

8. StephenP

StephenP

Still in shock and can't quite believe this isn't just one big mistake.

Had spoken to her quite a few times and even had the pleasure to meet her and she truly was someone who could light up a room. So warm and friendly.

Just stunned..... RIP

9. Hogster

Hogster

Ah jesus what horrible news to read, a loss of life all because of one OAP's stupidity. RIP Gill.

This news seems to be too common lately, and makes you think that any day it could be one of us just out for a spin to clear the head and we dont come back from the spin :(

10. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Very sad news indeed, she will be sorely missed.
    My sincere condolences to her friends & family, and especially those who were out with her at the time as that must have been a very distressing situation that will take a while to get over.

11. Incredibly shocked by this, spoke to her a few times through both the skyline community and her Daytona 675 - stunned :-(

12. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Sad times, heart goes out to the family and those riding on that day.

13. farmer1

farmer1

14. cpszx

cpszx

15. starman

starman

RIP, I didn't know her but it's always sad when you loose someone especially in the biking community. My condolences to the family and friends at this hard time.