675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Shifting / Gearing issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Little_cusdin, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Little_cusdin

Little_cusdin

Monday was on last session of track day, when coming to end of straight and shifting down 4th to 3rd the bike got stuck between the two gears. Was displaying 4th but was if it was in neutral. Managed to get it into 3rd stayed in that gear then on entry to next straight down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and again gear didn't engaged. So went back to pits, Everything seems okay on shifter, not loose no breaks etc but now finding neutral on my bike is really hard to find, theres no distinctive engagement trying to find netrual just floats. Also the green neutral light is hard to light up. The bike can be displaying gear 1 on dash but be in neutral. So slowly rode it home without changing gears much. Had it roll out of gear in 4th twice when decelerating. Scary as fuck. If bikes on paddock stand rolling back wheel by hand can go up and down gears okay but neutral is really hard to get. Any ideas please?

2. Bigmac

Bigmac

I know the Daytona had an inherent issue with the detent wheel. If you search detent wheel on here you should find some posts about changing them

3. As big Mac said, probably detent wheel (or arm) or pivot plate, replaced the pivot plate twice on mine although mine's a 2013, might be a different mechanism on the earlier bikes, I think it's all one assembly on the shaft.
    I would whip the clutch cover off and have a look.

4. Little_cusdin

Little_cusdin

Bike fixed! :D broken Spring, Linear, Detent Arm.

20200725_103151.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Little_cusdin

Little_cusdin

Bike fixed! :D broken Spring, Linear, Detent Arm.

6. Glad it was a cheap fix.:D
    I've thought about replacing that spring when I've replaced other parts of the mechanism even though it's never broken, only because it looks so small and constantly under tension.

• Informative Informative x 1