675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Silverstone GP 15th May

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by ginger_chris, May 3, 2018.

1. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Oh no - was Marquez riding there as well...? hope the legs not too sore and the bike isn’t too damaged...

2. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

Bike is mainly replacable parts damaged, worst being a snapped paddock stand bobbin bolt (ive got a mate who should be able to sort that)
    Swingarm scuffed too
    Ive got an avulsion fracture and ligament damage, apparently 6 weeks healing time
    Looks like ill be cancelling Cadwell Park on 10th June!

3. Stu675

Stu675

Bugger! What happened?

4. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

Someone low sided their bike at the end of the straight which leads into the last 2 corners and it slid into mine and knocked me off. :(

5. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Worst possible result GC, when it's wasn't even your own fault.!
    Hope you heal better than expected.

Did it wait to happen until the end of the last session of the day.?

6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Oh man, GWS, world cups on soon?!

** and leave MM out of this, he was at Brands heheh

7. Pete H

Pete H

Was that you at the end of the Wellington straight?

8. kingfixer

kingfixer

Nice chaps in the medical centre :D

9. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

StMarks - unfortunatly it was my last lap (probably one short of the end of the session) of the 2nd session of the day

PeteH - if that’s the straight that heads back towards the pits/Luffield/Woodcote corners, yes.

Kingfixer - yeah the guys were cool, a South African bloke (Wayne I think he was called) was very good, even if when he said ice it sounded like arse! Haha, we had a laugh about that - even I have an odd accent haha

10. Good to hear you're (relatively) ok and the bike will mend.
    If I can help, you only have to shout fella.
    Give us a shout if you're coming down Cadwell, I might make it up for a brew.

11. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

Cheers for the offer Bob, I maybe on the scrounge for a race tail unit if you have any lying around.

I would still like to get to Cadwell on June 10th, even if it’s just as a passenger with my mate - and it would be cool to catch up with you if it’s convienent at the time

12. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Balls, that’s not how you want your TD to go - more importantly, did the photographer/someone’s GoPro catch the moment for the photo to go up on the wall...?! (and are you sure it didn’t have Repsol fairings)

13. OMG, what happened!!! I thought you had disappeared in the afternoon, thought you had maybe packed up.

I had a blast of a day, exhaust was fine, just hadn't done one of the clips up properly after refitting it since its repacking.

14. Oops, ignore my what happened, didn't see all the other posts. Get well soon.

15. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

Cool to hear your bike behaved itself after you sorted it Lisa :)

Flyer - i had front and bum cam gopros on, but the guys bike kinda came at the side of mine. Havent checked the footage yet unfortunatly.
    Photographer wasnt on at that area - even though its abit morbid it kinda would have been cool to have photos of said incident lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. They never are....
    I should have a seat unit lying around you can have ;)

17. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

Cool cheers Bob
    IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    Got an appointment with the trauma department tomorrow - I hope that’s just a misdiagnosis with due to my hair looking like I’ve been electrocuted

• Like Like x 1
  18. ginger_chris

ginger_chris

Reviewing my video footage I managed to get a couple of stills.
    I didnt realise the guy was with his bike still when he hit me!! Imagine what was going through his mind when he was watching it all unfold infront of him!

So I initially thought I fell on my right as thats the side the bike is damaged.
    I fell on my left side, but stretched my right ankle which caused the fracture :( IMG_3830.JPG IMG_3833.JPG

19. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Fantastic picture! That’s the issue right there huh. Ouch! I feel your pain matey, take it easy,

20. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

That sneaky Marquez, stealing Rossi’s helmet... corking pic, can only but imagine what else was going through his head other than “feck”!! (Imagine that went through yours too)

Hope the legs not too sore today and work are understanding about you recuperating from your sport related injury