675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Slippery seat driving me mad

Discussion in 'General' started by Bluefrog, May 5, 2019.

1. Bluefrog

Bluefrog

Hi

Had my Daytona a couple of weeks now and done 150ish miles however the slippery seat and tank are driving me mad. Its worse than any other bike I've ever had. Going into corners or any kind of braking has me sliding around like Torvill and Dean no matter how hard I try and grip the tank with my knees. Im getting numb hands and I cant ride as aggressively as I would normally. Initially I thought it was just excessive Mr Sheen by the dealer but having cleaned the seat and tank with solvent its no better.

I was thinking of fitting Techspec snake skin tank pads but wanted to ask what if anything people use on their seat bases to stop the slide?

Cheers Jim

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I think most of us use tankpads of one type or another. Techspec on mine.

3. Red675

Red675

4. Red675

Red675

The oem seats are dogshit on the 675 used to drive me nuts (literally!).

5. I bought Triboseat non slip seat covers off fleabay. This helps loads as do leathers (rather than jeans or textiles) but I still think tank grips are required.

6. Mike S

Mike S

Another vote for TechSpec tank grips.

7. Another vote for techspec snakeskin tank pads although to be fair I haven't tried others.
    Regarding the seat, it may still be slippy from years of shampoo's/silicone sprays (bloody dealers), after washing mine I use a piece of magic eraser sponge just moistened with water to clean any residue off, just be warned they are slightly abrasive though so don't rub too hard and always use them wet.
    https://www.poundland.co.uk/magic-sponge-eraser-2-pack
    Also clean the arse of your leathers as any silicone may have contaminated them also.

8. I never had issue with the seat in my 675, if wearing leathers lightly scuff the ass and inner thighs with scotch right take the shine off them. Don’t polish the seat either let it fade lol it gets grippy

9. Bluefrog

Bluefrog

Update

Bought and fitted techspec smakeskin tank pads. Not cheap but have transformed my riding. Highly recommended.

Jim

• Winner Winner x 1