675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

So how much stuff do the 675 and 675R actually have in common?

Discussion in 'General' started by RtdRacer, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:51 PM.

1. RtdRacer

RtdRacer

I'm tracking a 2013+ 675R and finding certain race bits is like sourcing rocking horse poo.

So, we all know suspension and brakes are different, but what about stuff like rearsets and exhausts?

And for that mattter did rearset mounts change from 2012 to 2013 in the big revision?

2. Basically everything is the same except for the forks, brakes, and triple tree.

The mounts are different in the 13+ models.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. RtdRacer

RtdRacer

That's what I pretty much surmised. Aside from the wheels - I think they're different too. Purely from 'a bloke told me' anecdotal evidence mind. Happy to be corrected though

4. On the 13, the forks, the brakes and the master cylinder and the shock is the only difference. The r obv came with all the carbon fitted but it’s probably not of interest to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bigmac

Bigmac

I’ve had people tell me that there engine has the r cams fitted before!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lol what BS
    As said before
    Suspension front yokes and brake calipers are 100mm not 108mm

Master cylinders different but you’ll be putting on a Brembo RCS anyway right!? Haha

7. D41

D41

That sounds like some purile sales-pitch nonsense a salesman would foist on an unwitting newbie.
    In fact, you know it has to be because it wouldn't work the other way around....
    "Oh, the 657R... did you know it has the same cams as the standard bike??"

Unlikely that anyone would fall for that!

8. The suspension, brakes & quickshifter & carbon was well worth the extra ££ over the standard one

Much like you’d be a fool not to go for the street triple RS over lesser models

9. I did read in magazines at launch that the standard model 2013 had different rake and trail compared to the 2013R but I’ve never since heard anything else to confirm that was the case. The idea seemed to be to shorten the wheelbase on the R slightly

10. cpszx

cpszx

The wheels are different.

The R version is a few immeasurable micrograms heavier as they have the super slick red stripe painted on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. D41

D41

I seem to remember that the upgraded shocks on the R would have lengthened the wheelbase too much so they altered the geometry a touch to reel it back in closer to the standard bikes' spec.
    Or something like that.