675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Speeding penalties revised

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StMarks, Apr 19, 2017.

1. StMarks

StMarks

PTG

:heaven" Not that anyone on here would intentionally allow their road speed to exceed the posted limit, but just in case you accidentally allow your speed monitoring to slip whilst you concentrate on riding safely & well. ;))
    There are new revisions on sentencing come in from next Monday (24 April ).

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/item/speeding-revised-2017/

2. alan1961

alan1961

Not sure why the fine should be linked to your income!
    I did hear there was a ceiling for the fine but cannot find it in the document

3. D41

D41

Well....it's linked to income so it stings no matter how much money you make....a 300 quid fine is nowt to a high earner.

I don't see it as a bad idea....they've been doing it in one or two other countries for years, and it seems to be working.
    I do see the flip side of the coin though.

4. alan1961

alan1961

Cant argue with the logic but would be interested to know if it your expenditure was taken into account as well....

5. D41

D41

I don't know if expenditures are a consideration or not....but I would seriously doubt it....they'd be basing the fine on how much someone spends, not earns......so less of a punishment if someone is a financial moron.

6. Meh!!!! Fuck em!!! They'll have to catch me etc, etc, etc. They'll never take me alive etc, etc, etc....!!!! :D:mad::eek:o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1