675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Starting and clutch problems

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by matthew montano, Nov 8, 2019.

1. matthew montano

matthew montano

I've been having issues on my Daytona 675r 2012. When I was on my way home I had problems with my clutch, its hard to pull and it slowly goes back when i release it. and then when I come to a stop light i pulled it completely and the engine just dies. I tried starting it again but it wont start. After 20 mins of waiting and trying for it to start it went on. And the clutch problems seem to went back to normal. When I got home I left it for awhile in the garage. And when I'm about to use it it doesn't start. It cranks but it never starts. Battery was good, stator was rewinded and the r/r was good as well. Upon checking with my mechanic we saw that the fuel pump works, the battery is not dead, the stator and r/r was okay I guess? because it didn't drain my battery. He said the the spark plugs wasn't sparking. Any thoughts on what's the problem?

Newbie here on the forum :)

2. StephenP

StephenP

Could be the cps sensor. Easy enough to check if you lift the tank and have s volt meter to hand. There's guides a plenty online on how to do that.

3. matthew montano

matthew montano

Do I have to replace it?

4. Yes, test it first, your clutch issue could just be needing a new cable it might have been routed wrongly close to the exhaust. When it gets hot it expands and starts to drag. With a failing cps you can still bump start it

5. matthew montano

matthew montano

If I may ask, How to test it? the CPS

6. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Best Answer