675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Stolen Recovered

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu675, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Stu675

Stu675

Good news!

Further to my KTM being stolen when I was trying to sell it - (can't find my thread)
    The Police emailed me and called to tell me they stopped someone on a bike with no numberplate and it was mine!

Unfortunately I have a bit of a problem that it's been recovered to Effingham Rd, Copthorne, Crawley RH10 3HZ, UK and currently racking up £10 a day while I am in Italy indefinitely [​IMG]

As above no numberplate on it so would need a van or trailer.

I've got someone to store it for me in Chertsey, but strugling to get someone to collect - office hours only as well ! :doh:

2. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Great news Stu - just a bit far for me to help/no trailer...

Is it me or is there something wrong if you’re having to pay £10/day for your stolen property to be stored until you can collect it?

Should make the thief pay for the cost of reuniting with its owner imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cpszx

cpszx

As FF, i would be there to help if i wasn't over 2 hours away, and hadn't just sold my trailer... Shame it's only office hours too!
    But good news it has been recovered.

If you can't sort things in a few days, then i can look at hiring a trailer and try to take a day off work next week to come down and move it, but hopefully someone local can offer a hand, as i cant be sure i can get a day off at short notice.
    Is there a local bike transit company, as it is fairly short distance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RICH675

RICH675

Did you have it insured? I would like to think it would be covered if you’ve made a claim.

• Like Like x 1
  5. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Great news Stu, bad timing though.
    As pointed out above, there is something fundamentally wrong with a system that penalises the victim of the crime.
    https://www.675.cc/675/threads/robbed.36116/

I've got a van, and would be pleased to help, however I'm 250 miles each way from your stated location. Incidentally, that's only about 18 miles from your "mate Billy from Epsom". Did the plod happen to disclose the name of the scumbag found in possession of it.?

• Like Like x 1
  6. jamesT

jamesT

Is the place open on Saturdays?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Red675

Red675

What if you ordered a number plate and someone stuck it back on? Presumably ok...
    Happy to go and collect if for you if thats do able.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Stu675

Stu675

Hey thanks all :D
    Got it picked up yesterday and is now being stored by another mate.

Yeah the £10 a day with no grace is a bit steep which was on top of £150 for the recovery. . That’s a good business to be in. Money for old rope once you get the police contract.

Unfortunately was not insured as it was being stored in my garage unused for a few years.

Oh well, will be nice to be able to come back to it when we return.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

So, your a victim of crime and the fine is thick end of £300 nice.

Glad it’s sorted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. farmer1

farmer1

Glad you hot it back Stu, hope they got the little scrotum that nicked it as well.
    Hope the Euro trip is going well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cpszx

cpszx

good news. can get back to enjoying your adventure now :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Stu675

Stu675

Well they got someone riding it...with no plate on it. So he was done for handling stolen goods You would like to think that would be an easy conviction?
    Still going well in euroland thanks all. How’s brexit?

13. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Are you seeing much snow, or staying away from the high ground until later on in the year
    :-?? No swearing please.... :cry:

14. Red675

Red675

Its going about as well as anyone with half a brain could have expected with that dried up, deranged old twat and her shitbag party in charge of it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Red675

Red675

16. Stu675

Stu675

We had a flurry of snow after New Year which stayed a bit on Vesuvius which is behind us. Today is just solid rain. Saturday was sunshine all day. We went out and rode the Amalfi coast.

17. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

So glad you've got her back, how on earth can they charge you to keep it in storage?? I hope the fucker that took it will reimburse you!

Sorry, I swore too :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stu675

Stu675

@Legacey I can understand them charging - It's a commercial company that the Police have asked to recover my bike to a safe location, otherwise it's going to get nicked again. And a daily charge is obvious, otherwise I could leave it there until I returned :lol: It's just the level of the charge £150 and no days grace to collect, not open weekends at all that takes the piss. That would be ideal if it was easily recoverable from whoever they arrested.

@StMarks I emailed the original copper that was looking for Billy. He said it wasn't him that was arrested but a known associate. In a perfect common sense world that should be enough to nick Billy for theft and his mate for receiving :-?? we'll see.

On another positive note - from a pic my mate sent me, someone has put a new back tyre on it, and an aftermarket blingy orange gear lever. Wonder what else they've done as it was running pretty rough from years in storage? :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Irony is - that as the victim, it's cost you a load of money for storage and recovery, whereby, if they ever prosecute anyone for the actual theft, it will probably be a "slap on the wrist" and a lesser fine due to their poor upbringing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RICH675

RICH675

CeeUNTuesday needs their thieving dirty barsteward scroaty feckin fingers choppin off.
    I wouldn’t hesitate in carrying out a bit if DIY surgery. W⚓️ Wouldn’t do it again.

Note....... I didn’t swear. :eek:

• Like Like x 1