675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Street Triple SC Project Conic, but a little different. Suits 2013 onward.

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by exuptoy, Aug 11, 2017.

1. exuptoy

exuptoy

As per the title, I am selling the SC Conic I bought which had come from a bike which has slid on its side . It wasn't heavy damage but the carbon end cap was shot so it was straightened and dressed back into life and is now repaired, although I wasn't able to get a new carbon cap from SC Project (or any support or even an email from them!!!) so I went ahead and had a local engineering company near me cut a 3mm stainless plate and a slash cut end and had another company TIG weld it together for me.
    The end cap can now be unbolted should you wish to repack the can down the line in a couple of years, you can just remove the bolts and stuff some new packing in there. They have been threadlocked so they don't vibrate out. If you don't like the bolts you could always get some 6mm stainless rivets and replace them which would cost you a fiver on the bay.
    I tried it on the bike and it is quite loud even with the removable baffle fitted and I wil upload the vid later on (my HP Corse deffo never sounded this loud). It now looks like this and I am looking for £130 for it plus £10 post. At that I'm making hardly anything on it but as the Street is going for a Daytona it is no good to me.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. exuptoy

exuptoy

3. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

MOD:

Ray, please reads the sales thread rules. Ta

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

MOD:

Posts deleted, as per the sales rules, that I wrote.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. exuptoy

exuptoy

Cheers Stef, I do love keyboard warriors. I've just tried to save a damaged can from the bin. It may not be to everyone's taste but hey ho.

6. Ray675

Ray675

Oh i can quite happily tell you to your face, or over the phone whichever you prefer. It's not a keyboard only thing. Not sure if you've noticed though this site is internet based ??
    But hey ho

7. exuptoy

exuptoy

Typically, keyboard warriors spout crap that doesn't concern them and think their advice is gospel.
    I wasn't asking if anyone liked it so didn't need telling that you thought it was hideous as your opinion does not interest me in the slightest.

I am advertising an exhaust and if it sells in here then that's great and if no-one responds to my ad then I have no issue with that, what I have issue with is a d1ckhead trying to derail a sale which doesn't concern them.
    If you don't like it then it's YOUR problem. I'm a 46yo biker who enjoys working on my bikes not a child who needs telling they have no taste.
    If you want to compare work which you have done, I have plenty of pics of bikes that I have restored and sold at a profit that I could send you, but I bet you're the sort who buys tat off the shelf and tells people that they've modified their bike or one that removes a bandit fairing and tells people they have streetfightered their bike!:D Grow up and get a life Ray.

8. Firstly dude. Keep the arguments off the post.

Secondly you have a receipt? Or model number to say this IS an SC item as I've never seen an SC model like that, yet you've put the brand sticker on..

9. exuptoy

exuptoy

Ooops double post deleted.

10. exuptoy

exuptoy

Firstly I never started this and you're only seeing my posts as Rays have been deleted!

Secondly when did you last strip down an SC Conic exhaust to see what was under the carbon cap?

The pic below is from when it was fitted to the PO's bike after he trimmed the end of the pipe and took off the carbon cap which was ground through. That sticker was original. I know this as I was the one who peeled it off to straighten out the body.

[​IMG]

So before this gets out of hand here's the site when you can purchase the original if you wanna see it.
    http://www.sc-project.com/triumph_street_triple_675_2013_photogallery_conic_matt_grey.htm

11. Actually I've been watching all the replies.

Under the carbon cap would have been a stamped serial number and eu mark for factory part placement.

Hence asking for model number, as it would also be printed near or behind the mounting points or the rear side of the can out of sight.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Ray675

Ray675

Ohhh dear you are out of control. At 46 yrs old you should be able to curtail your language somw-what n[​IMG]obody else is swearing.

Also GSXR is correct there should be a model number for replacement. I successfully replaced mine last year after scuffing it against a wall coming out of the garage.

Here's a picture for you to peruse.
    Take note, not a bandit that's been street fightered. It's a triumph my old chum!!

13. Ray675

Ray675

Also my exit pipe under the carbon is slanted your picture is straight. Looks moody too me

14. Ray675

Ray675

Also hoping this might help you a little because you seem under educated on the matter.

keyboard warrior

noun informal

A person who makes abusive or aggressive posts on the Internet, typically one who conceals their true identity.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. exuptoy

exuptoy

Ok then , I've modified the outlet so it is now at the side although I needed to reorder the sticker as it was marked. Nothing moody about it, the end cap was ruined and the carbon cap had been torn off by the PO I was just trying to upcycle a clearly damaged piece of kit and if SC would have responded to my pleas to purchase a new carbon end cap then we'd not be having this discussion.
    I never asked for your abuse Ray, I'm just trying to recoup my money as the Street Triple has now been sold otherwise it would be on my bike. This was just a sale thread which didn't need any opinions. If I had wanted an opinion then I would have asked and welcomed your thoughts negative or otherwise but I didn't.

[​IMG]

Is that better?

• Like Like x 1
  16. exuptoy

exuptoy

Now £130 plus a tenner post. Cheap enough I would have thought.

17. Ray675

Ray675

Is that a question that requires an opinion now or is it rhetorical ?

18. exuptoy

exuptoy

It's called sarcasm. I still don't give a stuff on your opinion but I do think it looks better.
    You may as well have your say as it hasn't stopped you thus far.

19. RICH675

RICH675

Put your Feckin handbags away fellas. NOT needed at all.

20. Ray675

Ray675

Your a fucking drip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1