675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

thought you should be aware

Discussion in 'General' started by peter doson, Aug 25, 2017.

1. peter doson

peter doson

should have been under the twats o the week my nomination is farmer palmers who drive with their tractors on country roads on the wrong side ,today on loca[northumberland back rads a twat saw me coming other way and moved over towardsme ,me i spat the dummy out spun round stopped him and gave him a few choice words, thats how bikers get killed prick,watch out for the hill billies,he had no excuse and i drive alot bigger toys than him so if i ever see him out again he,s going in the dyke

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Whereabouts I Northumberland as recently moved there, I shall try avoid while I'm out discovering the cracking back roads ;)

3. peter doson

peter doson

no trouble m8 i,m nr morpeth back road to mitford and over the top to rothbury , some cracking roads but can be dodgy when farmer palmer out cutting they dgaf will meet up sometime for toddle out

• Like Like x 1
  4. tractor.jpg Don't get me started on them. A law to themselves.
    Here's my encounter with one. I come from the other side of the tractor and slid under the trailor. My mate on the other hand wasn't so lucky and is on the other side after hitting the side of the cab.
    [​IMG]

5. Ahh not so far from me, have headed out that way a couple of times... yes def meet up for a toddle out sometime, may still have the Daytona;)

6. mark connolly

mark connolly

also, thanks to them for dropping s**t all over the road, making dry safe roads greasy as.

7. Down here, they seem to wait for rain before going out and spreading crap all over the roads.
    I have to clean my bike at least twice a week. I'm convinced that most of my electrical and mechanical problems are caused by crap
    that can only be removed with a strip down and deep clean.
    Never a warning sign out either. I thought they had a legal obligation to clean up after themselves, or at least warn motorists of potential dangers...

8. farmer1

farmer1

Farmer bashing seems to be this country's favourite past time at the moment!
    If we put signs out we're admitting liability to an accident before it's even happened generally caused by some twat driving far too fast.

I work on an arable farm very near to H cafe in Oxfordshire, as much as it pains me to say it a lot of motorcyclists I see on a Sunday afternoon are out of control, unaware of their surroundings and an accident waiting to happen.
    May be I'm lucky that I understand the agricultural process so if I see a combine working in a field there's a good chance there's going to be a grain trailer coming out of a gateway or further down the road so will back off a bit in anticipation.
    I have to drive some pretty big kit on the road between farms and as with hgvs farm vehicles will sometimes have to take strange lines to get into tight gateways etc.
    We're just trying to do our job same as anyone else.
    You might all be glad of us wurzles when trump and Korea start slinging bombs at each other and food we produce is there to feed your kids.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Try not to buy too much imported food. With two allotments, I doubt that my kids will go hungry.
    I just think it would be a common courtesy to place a "Warning - Mud On Road" sign out.
    As for the three tractors in convoy throwing mud and stones everywhere the other day - one of which cracked my visor...

10. elloryp

elloryp

We should make much more effort to look out for one and other on the roads. Nothing wrong with trying to just get on and do a job. It’s a good job, needed, skilled and valued. But if it will potentially cause a hazard to another road user, surely it makes sense to put as much warning in place. If people ignore it or don’t see it, then sure accidents will still happen but at least there was an attempt made to warn them.
    And riders on country roads need to be much more aware, they are the most dangerous roads, much more likely to have a fatal accident on a country road than commuting around London and that’s saying something! Slow down, chill out and enjoy the ride. Don’t go faster than you can brake and try to be hyper aware of the surface.

11. Red675

Red675

what about the rest of us??!! :lol:
    i need my chips so im afraid im siding with the farmer on this

12. Red675

Red675

is it practical putting signs everywhere and then having to go back for them in the same tractor you want off the roads?
    thats horrible hope you and your mate are ok

13. @Red675 - PM your details, I'll send you a couple of King Edwards when WWIII starts....

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Stu675

Stu675

only @Red675 ?
    :( sob.

15. farmer1

farmer1

We don't grow spuds at work, can I have some too please

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I'm going to have to get myself a bloody tractor at this rate...

17. farmer1

farmer1

Ha ha everyone needs a tractor!

18. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I've got one ! :D:D

Not quite as new & flashy as your New Holland Magnum :oopsoops:

19. farmer1

farmer1

That's blasphemy it's a
    case magnum(red)
    New Holland t8(blue)