675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Track day tyre consumption

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by dang, Jul 19, 2019.

1. dang

dang

I appreciate that the answer might "be how long is a piece of string" but as a newbie to track days I just wondered if more experienced hands might offer a view as to how much life I'm likely to get out of my Diablo Rosso III's which were almost new before my first novice day at Brands Indy two weeks ago.

I'll probably only cover a couple of hundred road miles before my next day at Brands Indy at the start of August so my question is, am I likely to have enough life in the tyres to attempt Brands GP at the start of Sep?

(assuming they all run in the dry at a good novice pace)

Many thanks

2. DaveJPS

DaveJPS

Based on my own experiences, yes, I generally get 2 trackdays plus occasional road riding on a rear of rosso III's the front more like 3-4 plus road riding

3. dang

dang

Thanks Dave.

Dan

4. Should be plenty, on track you (especially brands) should be using a credit card width of the very edge of the tyre

On the road I’d be surprised if you get anywhere near those levels of lean riding sensibly

5. dang

dang

Yes it’s the edges that I was thinking about and how much of a pounding they can take.