675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Track Fairing Fitting Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Simpy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Simpy

Simpy

So at great cost I purchased a set of Skidmarxx Track Fairings for my bike. With the promise they where a good fit and required no twisting pulling etc to fit. Waited four weeks for them. Turned up on Thursday so tried to fit. The quality was poor to say with marks all over them but that’s a different story and something I’m waiting to hear back about. When I’ve tried to fit, the hole on the left side as if your looking at the bike forward has quite some gap - what would be best to fill this void before I find a bolt long enough to go through?Just some sort of long grommet/washer or even maybe some kind of sleeve?? Also the top piece doesn’t line up with my clock bracket? And lastly the air duct doesn’t exactly line up and has a slight gap?

IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2835.JPG IMG_2848.JPG

2. Bigmac

Bigmac

I used to put two large rubbers in between the fairing and the side brackets to take up the space, I know others that just pull it in and close the gap up.
    Unfortunately in my experience of lots and lots of fairing kits none fit perfect, they all need a little work. If you have them on and a few time though they do loosen up and become easier to work with.
    The issue with you clock bracket it most likely because that is an aftermarket bracket, you may have to make a small bracket between the two, or bend you clock bracket to the right spot.

3. I've had 3 or 4 different makes of fairings and all have required fettling!

Id get a screen in there first as it gives some rigidity and helps line everything up.

Then as bigmac says, either use spacers at the side or pull them in, the do give with a little pressure.

4. Simpy

Simpy

Thanks for the replies guys. As with regards to the fairing I’ll just do what you guys say and get something to fill the Void - I’m thinking something like a bit of fuel line or similar. It’s quite a big gap on one side but the other is fixable with out. The set I had previously which I destroyed seem to fit a lot better and easier then these but look identical so I’m hoping they loosen up as stated. I got a new screen that I’ll fit up once they send all the fixings they forgot to send me and then see what the fitting is like around the clock bracket.

5. Bigmac

Bigmac

I used some exhaust mount rubbers from one of my dads old bikes I think, they where about 20mm thick
    I crashed those fairing a lot too, I think the rubbers actually helped take some of the impact shock

6. Simpy

Simpy

I’m going to use this to fill the gap.Should do the job Image1563094598.450668.jpg

7. CRC fairings are the only ones I’ve come across that fit well
    Can see why all the BSB/wsbk use them but they do come at a cost!

8. Rawhide

Rawhide

Shouldn’t you have a thick rubber triangle with mesh filter on the air intake that takes up that gap?

9. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

It’s an aftermarket intake, could just use some foam instead to make up the gap.

I think the biggest problem your having there OP is that clock upper bracket is for a super sport faring with the smaller screen and not the superstock type you’re fitting.

As for the gaps fwiw I’d cable tie the faring on and get the bike through a few good heat cycles to loosen things up and get it flexing, once the faring is nice and warm tighten up the cable ties a bit at a time, then just repeat.

10. Arran22

Arran22

I'd be sending those straight back! Looks like a gentle wind would blow them away!

11. Simpy

Simpy