675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Traffic officers want respect and then act like this!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Bigmac, May 4, 2014.

1. Bigmac

Bigmac

I literally could not believe my eyes, there was an accident (or breakdown) on the m40 just now.
    There was one car across the line of outside lane and the 2nd lane, 3rd and 4th clear.
    The traffic officer flew past me as I approached the car on my left and pulled up next to it, I was in the 3rd lane (which was clear) the officer leapt out of his car and ran across the front of my car stopping me from going and putting his hand up to the car in the fast lane. They saw there opportunity and just went, as they did the officer (c##t) burst into a run and hammer punched the wing mirror off the car as it went past. The driver didn't stop minus a wing mirror.

We where all left there rubbing our eyes as both
    Officers went and fiddle around at the front of the broken down car.
    After a few minutes I poked my head out as one of the other officer stood up and asked politely ( honestly) is there any reason that we are waiting to which the answer now thinking about it should have been we are about to tow this vehicle but he replied because I f*cking told you too.
    Number one c*nt jumped up and ran over to my car and said have you got a problem, I said I asked a simple question and he told me the answer is fucking wait. Blood boiling I told him I don't like how you are becoming aggressive, he said you wait there, you fucking wait there after I have moved this car and I will show you aggressive.
    At this point, I'm more angry than I have been in years, I'm going to kill this bloke, I'm literally shaking with anger. Being nicked and possibly banged up is worth what I'm going to do to him.
    At that point even though I have terrible memory It just for some reason popped into my head when is my insurance up, I know it's this month, I leant across and grabbed my papers out of the glove, it ran out on Friday.
    Going to be honest I panicked abit I waited for them to get on the hard shoulder I just went like the car on my right. I've sorted my insurance out just now, I know how irresponsible of me it was to let it run out.

Thank you for reading this (if you are bored enough to read all of it lol) I just literally still can't believe what happened.
    These people want respect and then act like that, I understand that people have bad days and there job is hard but there is no excuse for damaging someone's property, verbal abusing someone or making vague threats. I need a beer to calm my nerves.

2. Red675

Red675

Imagine if he'd pulled you to one side and ask for your docco's mate, you could be writing this in the totw section instead :D :D

Well in for keeping your cool though, make me fume bullies like him.

3. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

did you get the number, are we talking copper or jumped up pretend motorway patrol?

4. Bloody uninsured drivers....

5. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Here here :)

6. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Exactly what I thought when I read this.

The conduct you described would fall far short of the professionalism that one would expect of a Police Officer. But they are human like the rest of us, & some will always act predictably badly when given a little power. Either way, the twunt did you a favour in a way; Because at least you'll get to sort your insurance rather than the alternative consequences that would involve considerable grief for you.

7. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

Still, there is no need for abuse and they/he should not be allowed to carry on in that way, totally unacceptable if you ask me.

8. Wyrm

Wyrm

They don't have an easy job to do - if the guy who had 'seen his chance' had run the police man over then it would be a different story now wouldn't it!
    I'm really not surprised that the officers were seething - your reaction was definitely not helpful in the situation.
    If that's your attitude then perhaps you should consider some anger management?

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

100% with you but they don't have to do it. It doesn't excuse poor behaviour.

10. Wyrm

Wyrm

Everyone has a bad day - and in a high pressure job such as that I would suggest that it's understandable.
    Bigmac asking why they were stopped is basically the same as asking why they can't just drive on - which the other guy had just done and so the officer would now be considering that Bigmac was about to do the same, which may cause others to do so and thus put the officers' lives in danger. If a police officer says stop, you stop.

11. Rossgo

Rossgo

I say your lucky you they didn't pull you up on your insurance they would of had some reasonably long questions for you to answer!! Least you've sorted it out

12. I have bad days but don't turn round and say ill show you more fucking aggressive. There really is no arguement for his behaviour job pressures or not. Plus Bigmac had every right to ask why they had been stopped. Coppers aren't kings and just a normal person back by rules. Really don't see any reason why that copper behaved like that

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc mobile app

13. If they the bacon haven't been spoken too aggressively or rudely then what right do they have to verbally abuse someone. Not all but most of their attitude sticks. I guess it's how they've been trained

14. Can't agree with you there. Yes, everyone has bad days but that in no way excuses language or an attitude like that. I work face to face with clients, some who wind me up, but I behave professionally. If I behaved like this copper I would be up on a complaint and, quite correctly, stripped of my professional membership. If this traffic cop can't behave professionally he should be sacked, along with the coppers who fabricated and repeatedly lied about the Hillsborough disaster and lied about the plebgate affair.

15. Wyrm

Wyrm

I'm sure all those criticising the Police see nasty accidents and have to stop high speed traffic whilst putting your lives in danger on a daily basis.

16. I for one don't, but then I didn't make the career choice to become a copper, they did, and if they can't/wont do the job correctly they should change career.

17. Regardless, they are public servants and the general public are the clients. Feeling they have the power / moral authority to abuse a member of the public who is following their directions is a worrying sign. In what other areas are they happy to to do something with impunity that you or I would get pulled up on? Remembering that bad language and threats of violence directed towards a police officer is an offence. But not vice versa?

18. Great Pretender

Great Pretender

Don't agree with this in the slightest. The officers have a tough job, but they are trained to keep calm under pressure. If there is no obvious reason for traffic being stopped, and the officer cannot provide a rational response to a simple question, I too would have driven off and then promptly reported the prick for his behaviour.

19. Great Pretender

Great Pretender

Nope, but per my post above, we rightly expect the police to do their job with professionalism and courtesy; that is why they spend years being trained to perform the job they applied for. Just because they're in a high pressure environment, does not give them the right to abuse others.

20. D41

D41

This thread is bullshit.

My Dad served for 35 years....he once dived into a "bottomless pond" to save a drowning boy - you think anyone ever complained about that??

Cops make mistakes...they're human beings after all. I don't appreciate them being referred to as 'the bacon', it's disrespectful, and if you expect respect yourself then be prepared to offer it back.

People can moan all day long that some of them can change careers, and that they signed up for it. That's a stupid argument....they're going to lose their whole pension plan just because of one brief misjudgment??

I don't think most people realize what a good job the UK constabularies do....when I was a lad during the miner's strikes, I'd spend my whole day in my bedroom, just praying that my Dad would return home safely.
    It's a bad job, and it doesn't really pay that well until you move up in the force a few ranks....no one gives soldiers any shite when they put their lives on the line, so don't do it to a police officer.

Everyone always pisses on them with this "I got a ticket" crap...well, don't break the frickin' law...feck, you're the one who broke it!!

Not aimed at the OP....well, maybe a bit. :lol: