675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Tyre recommendations

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Payner, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Payner

Payner

Morning all,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I'm new to this forum so please bare with me) but just want to know people's feelings and recommendations on tyres.

I currently have supercorsa sp's fitted on my bike however they obviously don't feel very good in these current conditions.

My question is should I get some new tyres now, maybe Metzler roadtec 01 or something similar and then keep my supercorsas to maybe put back on in the summer (plenty of tread left) or should I just keep current tyres on and hope the weather improves soon? Haha

How good are these "sports touring" type of tyres for all year round use, including summer?

Any info is appreciated as I'm fairly new to all this.

Cheers

2. SW73

SW73

Hi Payner...i know the supercorsa in the wet feeling all too well. I think perhaps this is about ability and the sort of riding you do. I'm of modest ability and use the bike for commuting but predominantly the odd ride out and European touring. Given I can't pick the weather and have never once ran out of grip, I find sports touring tyres brilliant...currently Dunlop roadsmarts. Others on here will need the extra grip of softer tyres. My own view is they are cheaper, last longer and provide what I need. I'm far from being an expert...

3. kwacky

kwacky

I'm using the 01s on my z1000sx. They've been great through the winter - loads of grip and long lasting. My only gripe is that they have a flatter profile than a more sportier tyre so they don't turn in as fast.

My recommendation for all year round riding would be the M7rr. Excellent grip regardless of the road conditions and can be used on the track as well, plus they seem to last for ages.

Most road tyres now are pretty good, so you can't really go wrong. Look at the other tyres in the Diablo range as well from Pirelli. The Rosso II and Rosso III get really good reviews.

4. Payner

Payner

Thanks for the advise and opinions guys! I've gone for it and ordered a pair of Metzeler z8's had a pretty good deal on them. Can't wait to get them fitted and hopefully will feel quite different from my current supercorsa's.