675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Up grade oil pump an con rod question

Discussion in 'General' started by Trigger, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Trigger

Trigger

All Last year I was plagued by a water issue with my 2007 track bike which turned out to be a blown head gasket, so I pulled the engine out with the intention of just doing the gasket and then refitting it ready for the new year but now iv decided to do a few more things while the engine is out.
    Head has been ported and skimmed, new valve springs, exhaust cam will been sent off for a re grind, remove back lash gear from balance shaft and DLC wrist pins.
    My question is for this, can I get the better oil/water pump and stronger con rods from a later street triple or are they only out of a Dayton?

2. You can use the ones out of the 09 on daytona engine which are stronger. 471 I think. Use an inlet cam for regrind to exhaust profile. Kent cams charged me £120 inc vat..

3. Trigger

Trigger

Struggling to find Dayton rods did they fit them in the st?
    Did you keep stock valve springs with that cam?

4. Just looked on ebay. Cheshire bike breakers have a full set £70ono.For 2015/16. But dont use the pistons they are digferent. I did use std valve springs and slotted cam gears. If you cant find them they should be able to slot std ones. 20181005_123744.jpeg

5. Trigger

Trigger

Thanks I’ll have a look for them. Are the wrist pins stronger and interchangeable?
    Any info on a model I will find the upgraded oil pump?