675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Voting Green?

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Stu675, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Stu675

Stu675

2. Red675

Red675

fucking hell i was gonna vote for them out of protest :cry:

3. Red675

Red675

The party has one MP, Caroline Lucas, in the Brighton Pavilion constituency,

staggering, youd think she'd know better :roll:

4. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Blimmin' scooter riders trying to spoil our fun...

5. I thought me and my little 675cc were pretty green compared to all those single drivers in huge 5 seater gas guzzlers?

6. Stu675

Stu675

One more vote for Eleanor Laing then ;)

T + T - but you can't possibly ride more than a 50cc when you're in sandals!!!

7. I need something with some power to haul home my sack of hand reared organic dutchy original pak choi.

Save me.

8. Probably not. Your mpg is probably pretty high, a lot of these fancy new big motors are pretty efficient thanks to using the latest tech. The bikes small compared to a car but probably does a lot less total mileage so uses comparatively more resources.

The greens also want to encourage cars off the road. I'm all for that. Reducing pollution and deaths on the road. I'm for that too. Plus, at least their honest and in politics for the right reason, ie the benefit of people, not lining their own pockets and those of their buddies.

9. mush

mush Yam Black Country Lad

Vote green and go blue in the face with anger and frustration...

10. Red675

Red675

:lol: :pukeover:

11. D41

D41

Bunch of hippies.

12. emma-lou

emma-lou

^balanced argument. Nice! Lol

13. Iain Hamilton @tygreenparty
    As a Green PPC I wish to state that I will be making an amendment to our policy on motorbikes, TR330, 331 & 332.

14. 0S2

0S2

^^^^ hot surprising as this story is littered all over the news, social media etc...

Not much chance of the greens getting in is there as they are too quirky for the real world of business?

15. StMarks

StMarks PTG

....Not much hope for "the real world of buisness" when sea levels rise by 6 meters. ;)

16. 0S2

0S2

I'm lucky enough to travel / work in some on the worlds interesting places or shit-holes and witness first hand the pollution that exists in the Mid East and especially Africa - that's where pollution is at it's worse and that's where the green parties should up sticks too.

Are floods, fires and famines new to the 21st century

Tell me more about rising sea levels as Im all ears ;)

17. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Very true, but two wrongs don't make a right. That needs addressing, but we are guilty of acquiescence.

:cool: Ok, although I'm well aware that you'll probably know far better than myself..

The sea temps around the West Antarctic have increased by 2.5 degrees in recent years. If (read; when) that Ice sheet collapses (due to the underlying geology of the area) sea levels will increase by about 20 feet pretty quickly.
    Globally the majority of cities & population of the "developed world" live within that effectedl level.
    Those seas will also have their salinity levels effected, which will also have catastrophic effects of its own.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy my trackdays, along with all the other Unicorns. :D

18. 0S2

0S2

I would say one of the main contributing factors to the theory of global warming and rising water levels is a knock-on effects of a rising a global population and the demands for foods, heating, shelter and the infrastructure that goes with it – Schools, Hospitals, Shops, Transport etc

Any ideas how to deal with too many people on the planet without enforcing sterilisation or capping family numbers as I suspect some fractions of the God Squad may have something to add to the think pot about that – amen

BTW, I don't have any answers as I'm of the ilk that mother earth will carry on adapting to what's thrown at it - let's not forget that 1000's are killed all the time via natural disasters!

19. Mother earth will certainly continue on. Without the human race as we know it.