675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Ah so you kind roll it out the front instead of dropping out and then forwards?

Makes sense

2. emma-lou

emma-lou

Um spot the error...tesco petrol sta revisited.

image.jpeg

3. Rossgo

Rossgo

^Got ignition on but nothings happening?

4. stevemoir

stevemoir

5. The key is on the parking lights and not the on position?

6. emma-lou

emma-lou

No pyro you need steering lock on to facilitate that. Not on full left lock.
    Bingo Ross, zero power again again...
    Required a reasonable amount of wiggling of wires, technical stuff like that, slightly misfiring on way home AA not required today thankfully, but now gotta spend some time on it I think, the insulation tape didn't solve prob for long!

Come to think about it the key fob looks shocking in this photo, maybe that's why bike won't start. Need to treat myself to something snazzier!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Bummer - at least you got the bike started again though...

Got some of these lying around if you want a free, bike-friendly keyring drop me a pm and I'll pop one in the post - kids didn't seem to want one...
    auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160908_9d6c3299b648b8535f6db57fb589014b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

Yep, undo the pinch bolts and spindle then roll it out

Danny Eslicks team were changing front wheels in under 10 seconds, I just don't like the idea of taking the calipers off everytime incase something is missed

9. Niiiiice

I'm seriously lazy so if I had to frequently change wheels that'd be a winner regardless how the mudguard looks!

10. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

Exactly, especially with typical British weather to contend with

11. Stu675

Stu675

You could do it with a higher paddock stand and a specific thickness of wood to catch the wheel, then remove the "wood" - wouldn't need to hack the mudguard.

What actually did you get in the fast frank kit? it looks standard except for a very slick operation (and a different spindle - but not sure how much of a difference that makes)

12. Stu675

Stu675

Errr it's not Matt Black? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

You could do but you'd need two people to do it, as you pull the wheel forward you need to turn and then hold the fork bottoms/calipers sideways and grip the wheel with your knees. If it was higher you'd also have to hold the wheel up and remove the wooden block making it a two man operation.

The kits vary, I just bought the brackets that slide over the stanchions for now without the wheel spindle in the video (photos of them on the previous page) as the complete kit is £300 plus post, tax and import duty, brackets were £150 plus all that jazz.

It might not look pretty and yes I've cut up a chipped and scratched £60 second hand mudguard but if it saves me time and more importantly means I 100% won't miss any bolts while rushing trying to change from drys to wets then to me it's worth it, each to their own I guess

• Like Like x 1
  14. Less of a what I did and more a what I couldn't do....

Tried to swap back to my old discs while I wait for finding for nice new shiny brake set up.

Got the bike up, callipers off but couldn't get the fecking axle out. Wouldn't budge a mm, so gave up before I broke something.

Bloody annoying that

15. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:idea: You did remember the clamp bolt.????

16. Yup slackened em both off, even removed them "just in case"

The really annoying thing is, I only had it apart a couple of months ago when I did the fork oil!

It's no biggy, I just have to make sure I'm sensible in the mean time. On the plus side, the weather isn't great so no call for going for a quick blast of a eve or weekend

17. emma-lou

emma-lou

Took its photo. Confused, I'm s tiny bit sad, but enjoying it!

image.jpeg

18. Stu675

Stu675

https://www.675.cc/675/threads/front-wheel-removal-bizarre-problem.30251/#post-402335

Might be the same? If so brute force was the answer, then garage smoothed it down again

19. Thanks, not sure to be honest but I gave it a good bit of force and it would turn at all.

Not sure I want to try any harder in case I break something

20. Stu675

Stu675

What tools have you got to turn it? Can you get a torque wrench on it? Supposed to be 65nm so should be safe up to 100 of removing force.
    Best would be an air gun to remove it.