675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. rwoodcock01

rwoodcock01

Glad you lived to tell the tale. Despite the heat in the UK of late still wear full protection. Having come off the A406 in London many years ago thanks to a drunk driver was so glad for the back protector while I slid on my back across the carriage way!

Slow Saturday and father duties meant day with the kids but while they both had a nap got the TomTom mount setup and the power supply hooked up!

14965011729311304136716.jpg

2. lucky lad thats some flight

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That's also a decent place to mount a camera

That's where mine goes when not needing my TomTom

4. I dug into my engine and checked my valve clearances (nothing needed doing, which is nice), swapped the plugs and fitted an MWR air filter. I'll pop it on the dyno over the next week, see how healthy it is.

5. Was gonna post a thread asking wat the inside diameter was of the fork stem and saw this so I will ask here.
    What is the inside diameter of the fork stem? As I would like a ball mount like this too.

6. rwoodcock01

rwoodcock01

Just responded to you PM buddy ;-)

7. Was bored of the track bodywork colour so got some plastidip spray and covered it in a few coats :)

[​IMG]

8. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

9. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Only just read this Jamie, as already pointed out ; That's one pretty impressive maiden flight IMO.
    Shame your bike didn't survive your little detour, but they can be replaced. More importantly you somehow managed to avoid serious damage yourself, perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket mate whilst your on a lucky streak.?

10. Hope you're ok & bike is too bad mate.

11. Just read the bit about your bike mate and sorry its f##ked but glad you're ok .

12. Scottyjm675

Scottyjm675

So this happened today, I went abit hot into a corner and stood it up like an idiot and went into gravel lay by, and dropped it at about 5mph.. what an idiot!!! Sooo guys I have a question that has stemmed from this situation, I turn the ignition the lights come on but the speedo doesn't and the bike won't start because of that, all indicators work even the horn... what do I need to do to see if the thing starts? So I can start my rebuild .. thanks IMG_20170610_235907_635.jpg

13. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Firstly at least you're ok, and the damage appears pretty superficial.

Is it still in gear?
    - If so the side stand switch will prevent it from being started
    Secondly check the plugs on the loom where they attach to the instrument panel itself. These came out when I crashed mine once.
    Hth.

14. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Tilt switch too?

Glad you're ok.

15. StMarks

StMarks PTG

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw I was actually being serious mate.: Your's is broken, but the one in my link appears to be sound but requiring some paint.?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Scottyjm675

Scottyjm675

Hey guys, Bike is in neutral, checked the wires and all fuses seem to be in the correct place, other than this thing? Turn the ignition lights come on still but no speedo this seems to be the only thing out of place .. any thoughts? And thanks for that @StMarks I'll prob get that and get a pro do do the paint job, as my paint job has gold flakes :)
    20170611_143249.jpg 20170611_143300.jpg

18. Scottyjm675

Scottyjm675

Where is the tilt switch?

19. Jamie_____D

Jamie_____D

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Unfortunately, turns out I have fractured 2 vertebrae so didn't escape completely unscathed. Just strengthens my point about the back protector and the unthinkable had I not had one on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. cpszx

cpszx

might also want to check the clutch switch, as it looks like that part of the loom may be affected?
    But if dash not lighting, is there much else other than connector, kill switch or fuse that prevents that?