675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

What did you do to your bike today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony B, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Serviced the Daytona today
    Oil/filter, coolant change, caliper/pistons cleaned, brake fluid and air filter, did the wheel bearing seals last year so i knew the bearings/seals were ok so no need to remove the wheels.
    Picked up some great led light fittings from Lidl so fitted them at the sides for better lighting.
    20180316_101432 (Custom).jpg
    Lifting the tank was easier than expected, the cheap syphon from halfords did a great job of emptying the tank and with all the hose/connections at the rear there's no need to disconnect anything, just 2 screws and it lifts up.
    20180316_162004 (Custom).jpg
    Air filter was looking really grotty after 3yrs/9000miles, not ridden the bike yet but just warming it up it sounds crisper, hopefully should feel the difference.
    20180316_164113 (Custom).jpg
    Bought the Dealertool OBD adapter and software as i had no luck with the tuneecu app, worked great, used the ABS bleed function to cycle the valves to fully bleed the system, set the exhaust valve at the mid position so i could properly adjust the cables, checked the throttle bodies were balanced, the only fault code showing was the exhaust valve but thats cleared now. Totally worth it if you're doing your own servicing
    20180317_104633 (Custom).jpg
    And now its snowing:(

2. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Fitted towbar for the bike trailor and got the track slag ready for donny. Been a long time since i have been on her.

3. yeah, but you will be glad of that big silencer under the belly when it comes to getting on track, much less hassle. I ran mine on Sport settings but I set the throttle to 'high' as it is much nice when you get used to it. I turned my engine brake control off because on track it's horrible, honestly just as you are going into corners it 'pushes' and it's horrid, it really is. Glad you are enjoying it.

4. Stu675

Stu675

[QUOTE="wobblybiker99, post: 442217, member:]
    View attachment 44789
    g:([/QUOTE]
    Don’t you get floppy mirrors doing that?

5. littleslacky675

littleslacky675

6. 675si

675si

Hi all, managed to get the bike running, anyone able to tell me if the wiring loom should be tucked right up between the bottom of the nose fairing and the plastic of the lights?
    I think thats what i did with it the other day and it slightly pulled the connector and threw up the Canbus fault.
    20180330_103526.jpg

7. Loaded it in the ran ready to drop off for Jerez next week :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sulaco161

Sulaco161

Photo0025.jpg Photo0026.jpg Fitted 11 plate indicators to my 08, looks so much better. Didn't remove any body work, dismantled the indicators, left the wires hanging from the rubber gromet thingy, and threaded the "new" indicator over the wire and assembled. took about 15 mins.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  9. MartinNicolson

MartinNicolson

Got the standard shock off and replaced with 2nd shock i had sent to MCT for them to work there magic lovely day on the island so quick blast on the trumpet aswell. Nothing to serious as road are still a bit dirty from the salt :(

Oil - oil filter - and plugs next week. Then its off to HMD tuning where my quickshifter will be waiting to get fitted :)

20180331_153738.jpg

10. Urrgghhh what a few days.

Took her out for a spin on Tuesday, the clutch developed slip.

On inspection the springs had fractured 0.0

New ones fitted and test rode wed was fine

Today I thought change of colour scheme for this season :) IMG_4640.JPG

11. JohnnyPS4

JohnnyPS4

If anybody pulls out on you and claims they didn’t see you coming I think you’ve got a good reason to lay them out with that colour.
    Remember seeing you’re bike in the paddock at donington from miles away, is that the same as you’ve done you’re seat unit?

12. cpszx

cpszx

stebel nautilus

13. @JohnnyPS4 yep I live round the corner from Donny ;) haha yes mate fluro yellow tail unit and lower stage, then red upper and front of the lower. Yeah if people say that I’ll usually take their mirrors or spark them out

Need a double bubble clear screen and then to mod it for the TT bubble as I’m quite tall

14. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley

Fitted de-cat exhaust and loaded full arrow map which she didnt like so put her back to arrow slip on map. All set for snetterton monday

15. Dom16v

Dom16v

Put one side of my 'clear' eazi-grips on, not happy as they look pink! Wish I'd gone for black now

16. Sulaco161

Sulaco161

I tried eazi-grip, and tech spec on various bikes, eazi-grip started peeling after a few weeks looked s**t, tech spec didn't offer enough grip, so changed to stomp, won't go back now. I always buy black as all clear one's look crappy after a while. Some people complain about stomp being too abrasive on their leathers,but I've never had any issues. Heat the tank with hairdryer put the stomps on the radiator for a while they go on a treat.

17. Dom16v

Dom16v

I've only done one side, tempted to drop them an email see if they will send me some black ones. They claim to be clear, that's opaque![​IMG]

18. No that’s o’pink. Sorry couldn’t resist

19. Dom16v

Dom16v

I'm pretty annoyed, their eazi-grip evo look much clearer

20. Sorry bud. I hope I didn’t add to that, just wanted to make light heart of it. Hope u get it sorted