675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Which lithium battery for a 06-08 Gen 1 Daytona 675

Discussion in 'General' started by Hogster, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Hogster

Hogster

My Yuasa battery is dead, bikes been sat up for a few months so need to put a replacement in.

Whats good value and with the lithium being a big smaller and weighing less can i get a bit of a bigger one in?

Stupidly i bought a battery that was for a 09-12 gen 2 shape and its too big and didnt take my original battery out to check so model currently in the bike is YTZB-BS 110CCA but read on some american forums can get a 250CCA is that possible?

Thanks

2. Hogster

Hogster

3. Badapple

Badapple

I've just received a Shido through the post for 59quid delivered. Not fitted yet but I'm amazed at how light it is.

4. Unbelievably light. I missed a delivery and had to collect from the post office. When I picked the wrapped box up I thought how odd to collect an empty box. Wasn't till I opened it and saw a battery inside.

5. Yeah does feel like they forgot to fill the battery up haha!

6. Hogster

Hogster

Any links to the shido one?

7. Badapple

Badapple

8. Badapple

Badapple

There we go hogster link to the Shido

9. Hogster

Hogster

Cheers guys but thats the wrong one i alread got an LTX9 battery and its too big that is for the 09-13 shape 2nd gen, the gen 1 06-08 is smaller YT7B size so i have already lost on on €50 and battery is just wasted.

Hopefully no one else makes the mistake as many places have them listed weong like that ebay ad.
    Thanks though guys.

10. Badapple

Badapple

Ah no worries mate mine is a Gen2 so direct fit for mine. In the description it does specifically state its a replacement for the larger battery.

11. Hogster

Hogster

Just another one guys.

I will be doing heated grips down the line and at some stage bi-xenon retrofit lights so wondering is it ok to get a battery with larger CCA an amperage than what is currently installed or will I get issues?

I have found Aliant lithium batteries which seem to have a good name and be high quality.

They have a couple of batteries all similar size at 114L x 69W x 98H mm which should fit as the standard is 150 x 65 x 95mm.

However the standard battery is a YT7B and rated at 6.8Ah and 110 CCA. Aliant do a few and the largest that will fit is the YLP14 which is 14Ah and 245 CCA:

http://www.go-aliant.com/lithium/images/datasheet/Datasheet_Aliant_YLP_Series_EN_201612_F.pdf

Will this be ok to use provided it fits fine? It is almost double the ratings for both CCA and Ah ?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/248791

12. I use JMT for three years

IMG_1591.JPG

13. Hogster

Hogster

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jay311275

Jay311275

How's it working out, did it fit ok?

15. Hogster

Hogster

Im in Ireland so shipping has been difficult so used the Irish post office which has a Uk mainland forwarding address and the battery was delivered to them last thursday.

Hoping it passes theough security checks being a battery and fingers crossed its delivered this week.

Will get oics and update once it arrives.

16. Hogster

Hogster

Got a text from the post office that the battery is ready to be collected so will update this weekend, hopefully it will fit and can get a spin.