675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Who changed their mind?

Discussion in 'General' started by triumph1985, Jan 6, 2020.

1. triumph1985

triumph1985

Own up! Who is trying to make a quick grand profit? Screenshot_20200106-205357_Auto%20Trader.jpeg

2. Haha not me.... I am keeping mine!

3. towser

towser

Same bike was on eBay before but only got to £13800 I think with reserve not met!

4. Not a lot of people have that money lying about, come on who’s got the finance

5. triumph1985

triumph1985

That's exactly what I was thinking . Its probably not even been paid for yet, judging by the lack of pictures of the actual bike .

6. Let’s see in a few months if dealers end up with them sat on the floor because of cancelled orders! Like the thruxton TFC at my local dealer. I was told I could only go on the ‘reserve’ list and so I’ll see what happens

7. Cupracing

Cupracing

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. StMarks

StMarks PTG

9. Cupracing

Cupracing

Sorry I missed typed, it’s not me

10. Wants to make £5k on it, f*ck off you absolute ****.... this winds me up so much, the manufacturers don’t care because they get them sold and people seem to suddenly think Triumph is this special hand build brand that will fly up in value.... ffs

It’s a lovely bike, it really is, but it’s not bringing anything to the table other than what owners have wanted, yes carbon fairings great, but it’s on standard wheels, standard (it’s still great) Ohlins that the 675r has worn for years, and basically has the engine and running gear from the now newly released Street Triple RS.

Buying this to try and make money is just a ridiculous thing to do... you’d be better off buying ‘R’ model Ducati’s that are 5 years old and moth balling them as they bottom out and then massively appreciate. If you don’t believe me look at the cost of a 1098r, 998r, 999r

11. Cupracing

Cupracing

I agree, in my opinion there is no money to be made in vehicles until they are classics

12. GazP

GazP

I read through her forum thread and they much nicer to her than we would have been on here

Like also as they referred to the 675 forum as fanatics!

13. Some of you might recall that I bought a CCM Spitfire a couple of years ago and this type of thing was common?
    There were lots of hysteria from people waiting but my feelings haven't changed.
    People are free to do what they want and if they make a few grand, good for them as making money is exactly what Triumph and every manufacture is doing isn't it?
    Btw, the CCM Spitfire a dreadful bike that came with an awful buying experience but people are still buying them.

This 675 version does nothing for me and I'm pleased that I didn't follow through by buying the 'Dark 675' when they were released.
    It's a pretty last throw of the 675 dice and I gave it a once over at the NEC but it wasn't a long one.

14. And on to another thing.... while I’ve got my soap box out! They sold them out in a day, at £17k, so proof that if you build it (or at least make it sound exclusive) people will buy it. It’s the same with the R1M which has well outsold their expectation because they didn’t ‘limit’ it but asked customers to apply online making them feel really exclusive.

So... ask yourself... will this be the last Daytona 765 ever made? I very much doubt it.... I’m betting in a few years we will see another 765 sportsbike, especially as they now have the engine in the same form in the street triple rs, where as they used to de-tune for the street triple

15. Cupracing

Cupracing

The lead engineer said it was a road legal version of the Moto2 engine or is that marketing bs now?
    I don’t think there will be another Daytona or he wouldn’t have said it but I don’t think it will be Triumphs last sport bike

16. The street triple is a road legal version of the moto2 engine lol
    But yeah the Daytona 765 engine is slightly different to the street triple RS, different headers sump etc so it makes abit more power

17. .
    I think that every manufacture creates a bit of 'emperor's new clothes' hype as it helps to sell their bikes.
    Back when the very first 675 was announced, I ordered a Graphite one as they were to be very limited number but guess what?
    Triumph made well over the stated number year after year as making money is their core business.
    The Daytona triple name or bike isn't buried just yet!

18. 7hp, not a small amount but also not the 135-140hp that the Internet was hoping for. The MV while fragile seems to be a decent 135-140hp in line with the panigale.

I’ll be the first to say how little power really matters for road riding but I just think this bike isn’t special enough to be a showroom stored investment piece.

Anyway, takes all sorts, sure some will make their 5k. I’m prepared to wait and see if a dealer has one sat there they can’t shift in 6 months time, like they do with the thruxton TFC

19. Cupracing

Cupracing

For me I want it to be ‘special’ but not too ‘special’ that I don’t want to ride it. If that happens I may as well just have a picture of one

Mine will never be tracked though which might be a shame and a waste

20. towser

towser

I really don't think you can treat this as an investment, I certainly haven't. To expect a £5k profit is in my opinion stupid and taking the piss! Mine will get used the same as every other bike I've had, both on road and track.