675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Why does crap weather turn peoples brains off?

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Red675, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Red675

Red675

What is it about severe weather that turns people into COMPLETE FUCKING MORONS?

Two women in the space of 15 miles driving in sheet rain (and dark) with no lights on and a motorway maintenance vehicle (who incidentally are some of the worst drivers on the whole network) with no rear lights whatsoever.

Honestly I was so angry if I hadn’t been struggling to see further than the end of my nose id have had another “incident” with all three of them. As it was they got a load of gesticulating, culminating in a five finger shuffle.

Wankers. :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. The 3 idiots who had rear ended each other on the mancunian way this morning made me think the same.

The weather wasnt even bad here though.

Driving in a straight line is hard work

3. Red675

Red675

Without turning this into a sexist thing why is it ALWAYS women who drive around without lights on? Would genuinely love to know. Every time I see a car without their lights on and its dark/raining/both, without fail it’s a doris. How can you not realise you don’t have your lights on? Seriously if you can’t notice that, you don’t deserve to be driving around on the roads imo.

As for the straight line thing, it never fails to amaze me how many people can’t keep their silly little car between the two white lines painted on the road.

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

In fairness to them, it is difficult to manage that at the same time as they compose their texts. ;)

Perhaps you could think of those un-lit vehicles as being; "helpfully identified to you as poorly skilled".?

P.S. Love your new Avatar mate. Is that an indication of how you're going to impress us at the forum trackday.?

5. Red675

Red675

That’s how im planning to pass bigmac on his dads tractor going over the mountain at tt week ;)

6. I was out in thick fog a few weeks ago and lost count of the amount of people I saw with no lights. Unfortunately, they were mostly young ladies that didn't have their lights on.

Saying that, people were getting out the way of my noisy arrow can this morning :D.

7. mush

mush Yam Black Country Lad

Because they cant put on lipstick, steer whilst looking in the mirror to check their hair and be expected to remember insignificant things like lights ;)

8. The majority of car drivers are morons, regardless of the weather IMO.

9. Red675

Red675

very hard to argue with that mate :lol:

10. Red675

Red675

imagine sitting in exactly the same line of traffic every day of the year and not doing anything about it :?

11. Cool avatar by the way, I remember that race, Jlo was not pleased...

12. Red675

Red675

thx mate hard trying to find one to fit the dimensions

awww.daidegasforum.com_images_1003_2013_jerez_marquez_lorenzo_motogp_4.gif

13. Stu675

Stu675

If anyone else has seen the car advert for "lane assist", equating driving to a 5 year old learning to ride a bike?
    Do you think it's a patronising and an undesirable feature as I do?

Shame it seems like a lot of people need it :(

14. Stu675

Stu675

Almost as bad is:
    - a bit of rain = lets put my rear fog lights on :duh:
    or, it was a bit foggy 3 days ago = I've still got my rear fog lights on
    :toss:

15. Red675

Red675

yep another pet hate is the lights on the back of some of the newer cars, especially the expensive ones, are like f*cking lighthouses, completely blinding for a biker at night, even the brake light

16. Stu675

Stu675

17. Red675

Red675

are you doing it stu?

18. Red675

Red675

where's RG is that Reading?

19. Stu675

Stu675

i don't get stressed :D

Yeah crowthorne is near reading. A bit far for you.

20. What I love are the spastics who have fog lights on when there's no need. Nothing I like more than being dazzled in the drizzle.