675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

World Supers

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Red675, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Red675

Red675

Finally a season we can get interested in?

Thought it was a great weekend at aragon, cant imagine assen will be any different either.

Would absolutely LOVE to see chazley win a championship (another crummy world supersport title winner @Frequent Flyer ;) )

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

Go Chaz!!

While WSBK is impressive, beyond Rea,Sykes and Davies (& maybe Melandri on a good day) there isn’t really the depth of talent on competitive bikes to get it all that exciting...

Shame he didn’t stay on with Triumph in 2011 and win the SS title on the Daytona eh?

3. Red675

Red675

those tank slappers 0_0 :lol:

4. zupe

zupe

Y there’s many riders who can win the race now in Wssp , that makes the class good.
    Sure was great weekend at Aragon, still taste that prosecco

5. Red675

Red675

those pesky yamahas gettingin the mix and robbing valuable points off the dewcatis :mad: (or one of them anyway)

6. It's better racing than it has been but I'm still frustrated at the fact that the Yamaha can only run at the front while it's riders are over riding the bike. VDM was so wild, he stayed on unlike Lowes but they need to find something to bridge the gap, maybe the extra RPM they have been given will help them, but I doubt it as Kawasaki have been given the same extra RPM.

See this is where the new rules don't work... more RPM for all of them means the MV will go back to being less reliable, where as if they all had it capped the little team didn't need to take such risk, then there is the fact that Kawasaki only are getting their revs back because Sykes has been so disappointing, so Ducati end up being penalised because they have had 2 riders knocking on the door of wins.

For me it doesn't work, you could build a really dominant bike if you had one great rider and one terrible one.. the good news for me is that I might get a job in WSBK.

7. Red675

Red675

Lowes was moaning about front tyre grip wasnt he? is extra rpm going to help them with that?
    Personaly think whatever rules they make up rea will ride around them. If he wasnt there you could pick from any one of 7 or 8 winners most weekends.

8. Red675

Red675

whats the job btw mate, sounds interesting!

9. Yep, they are pushing too hard in the braking areas to make up for lack of acceleration and it’s burning out front tyres. So VDM said

• Like Like x 1
  10. Red675

Red675

i think we can safely say this is a resounding no :lol:

11. Red675

Red675

blimey that was a turn up for the books 0_0

12. Bigmac

Bigmac

Wasn't it indeed

13. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Moderator Staff Member

I must admit that as much as I love world supers I was seriously finding it a cure for insomnia lately. The last rounds has been much better now the yams have found something. I hope they do return to 2 races on a Sunday. It also might be interesting if they tried what bsb did and do prize money for pole if you elect to start a the back and come through to win.

14. Yeah I watched the Sunday race last night as I already knew the result and wanted to see how it planned out, generally speaking though it’s pretty dull and I don’t think there is a cure for it at the mo, they are artificially moving grids around etc and it’s not really making a difference.

15. Red675

Red675

I cant believe theyve been that stupid to carry on with it for a third season when its as obvious to anyone with a pair of working eyes thats why attendances are down so drastically, absolute farce.

16. farmer1

farmer1

I see Jonny has signed with Kawasaki for another 2 yrs, that's not going to help achieve close racing.