675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Wow...

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Rossgo, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Exactly - it just tends to be the case that if you're in any particular level of job and elect to stay at that same level for no reason other than apathy, then someone else who is equally capable but with fewer years under their belt, will be willing to do the same job for less money. It's hard to justify turning down the offer of cheaper labour when the other guy decided to rest on his laurels rather than seek to distinguish himself from the newbies.

There are valid cases where loyalty is very valuable - but that just doesn't apply to the vast majority of 21st century employments. In that majority of cases, ideas of jobs for life, bought with loyalty, are just a cheap alternative to actually taking responsibility for your own future.

Unfortunately a job for life used to be a real thing, and some people have realised too late that it isn't anymore. I have genuine sympathy for this people - but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

2. Triplex, you strike me as someone who likes to make sweeping statements in order to antagonise people. I can’t take you seriously, so I won’t waste anymore of my time indulging you. Thank Christ I don’t work with you.

3. It looks like you can't read - so it would probably be a waste of time anyway : )