675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

09 675 daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

I have a test ride booked and was wondering if anyone would saying buying brand new was a good idea, I don't intend to chop and change bikes If i do buy new it'l be a keeper. Also do dealers do incentives as I would imagine that its a captive market for triumph dealers.

2. andysjt

andysjt

there are some good deals around at the moment ,but its best to try a few dealers ,auto trader is your friend here as you can print of the best deal you can find & take it to your local dealer & see if they can match it .

as for buying new, its actractive if you want warentee ,also if you are raising credit then its a no brainer as there are loads of 0% finance deals around .

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

If you're buying new - remember it'll depreciate quite sharply. I bought mine new, it was the previous year's (2007) bike but they wanted to move it so I got a good deal.

It's nice to have a shiny new bike. But they don't stay looking that way for long! Also you know it's never been dropped or smashed up, but as long as you know what you're looking for in a used bike then there shoudln't be any probs, esp if buying from a dealer.

4. I bought an 07 with 2500 on the clock. £500 worth of accessories. £5700 as opposed to £7700.

I'm delighted with it. I also believ the suspention works better on the 06-08 bikes.

Enjoy the test ride and report back.

Kev

5. I thought that the hi/low adjustable suspension on the 09 was meant to be a lot better than on the 06-08 bikes?

6. jimjam39

jimjam39

Agreed ! The 09 bike has definetly got the better suspension :geek:

7. Really - tell that to Nige. What makes you think it is better? Because Triumph tell you? Its like the rest of the mods to the 09 - the majority of us would not be able to tell the difference.

When he goes riding with BigBoulton and I, he can see our suspension working, whilst his rear end is solid and bucking him out of the seat. he has tried adjusting it but it is no better.

If you want the supposed better suspension, then pay another £2000 :D

8. TBH, I've only ridden my 07 bike and have not been on the new one yet. I was going off what some of the reviews had said. but as you say, they tend to repeat what Triumph have said.

9. jimjam39

jimjam39

Because I had an 07 bike before I had my 09 bike so could compare them back to back. Both of them were crap for me on standard settings, but both were much better with the softer settings. The 09 model is better again though, and does not kick me out of the seat as much (I am a lightweight however at about ten and a half stone :D ). Every one of the mags/papers that I have read has also stated that the suspension on the 09 model is an improvement. Now I know you can't believe everything you read but like I said I have had the older model and the newer one is definetly better in my opinion, thats not to say there is anything wrong with the 06-08 bike, its still a fantastic bike .

10. Like I said, if you feel its worth another 2K plus, go ahead and buy. I am the same weight as Jimjam and have done 3 trackdays this year - so far - roll on 22 Sep Cadwell :D I think the bike is great. I had no problems going around the outside of liter bikes in the rain at Mallory :D

11. D41

D41

McLvin', -if it's gonna be a keeper I would defo say go with brand new or slightly used.

Don't listen to the Admiral either - he changes his bikes like I change my socks....every 6 months!! :lol:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous

Update, sorry not reported back Test rode the bike and compared to my current bike its miles and miles ahead, feels easier to ride power wise than my old blade. I have decided to go brand new deal pending and it will definately be a keeper. I think the limited edition one is awesome but can't afford it:(. Like I said deal pending i'll be on one within a month.. Thanks for the feedback people..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous

Yay I ordered my Bike saturday, Gotta wait for it but roll on next month:)