675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

09 First Impression

Discussion in 'General' started by jimjam39, Mar 11, 2009.

1. jimjam39

jimjam39

Well i managed to get out on my new 09 675 today, did about 80 miles or so. While i was not able to give it the berries due to running in restrictions, i am still impressed :) Can't say much about the engine yet but the gearbox definetley feels smoother, just seems to slot into gear that little bit easier. I adjusted the suspension for the softer side (as per the handbook instruction) as i am of a slight build (skinny runt :!: ) and found it to be vey good. Much less harshness over the bumpy stuff, does not kick me out of the seat as much as my 07 did. I purposely went down a few local roads that i knew were bumpy just to compare it, and like i said, very impressed. The thing i noticed most however was the brakes. Absolutely awesome !!!! :eek: They are almost too good! I know i wasnt going very quick but they felt really sharp, im going to have to recalibrate my brain when i get back up to speed.
    Anyway, just thought i would post my first impressions up for people to read. And dont get me wrong,the 06-08 675 is a good bike, in fact every time i went out on my 07 i came back with a great big grin on my face and kept telling everyone how good it was, its just that the 09 is a little bit better (in my opinion). Now im going to bore the missus to death by telling her how good this one is :D

2. Rowly

Rowly

Judging by all the mag reviews and from what you say Jimjam it would appear
    that the 09 is the 675 refined and will no doubt win over many fans old and new
    Here here to the great British Triumph :D :D :D

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Good read, would like to hear more in due course when the engine's settled.

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I've not really read anything negative about the 09 675, which makes it even harder to resist buying one. good to hear that just on first impressions way before you've got the engine run in it's all positive so far - though be interesting to read what you think about it once you can open the throttle fully. :)

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Still Love my 08 so the 09 will just have to stay in the show room ;) :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: