675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

1050 quick throttle mod?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by redseven, Sep 3, 2010.

1. redseven

redseven

Sorry to put the wasps amougnst the butterflies but.Can anyone enlighten me on this mod? Surfing several forums it seems to be a 90 degree turn on the the throttle from idle to flat out that is an improvement? However on my own bike this roughly seems the norm. Am I missing something or is the turn ratio better on the inlet? Answers on a post card please?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did u get your bike new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Err, all i can say is that the internal part of the 1050 tube is bigger/mwider circumforence, so it takes up more of the slack, therfore the throttle is more instant in its response. Also as you turn the grip it obvoiusly pulls more cable per mm of turn as the internal is wider than the normal, mine is significantly improved, for under £10
    i did a whole thread previously see link

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1993&hilit=throttle&start=50#p32044">https://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=5 ... =50#p32044</a>

4. redseven

redseven

Thanks for replies. Think I understand now, and yes I did buy new.

5. St.George

St.George

Tried this mod this week and have already gone back to the standard throttle. Don't get me wrong, the bike is a bit more responsive but it just wasn't for me. For the track - Great. For the road - not convinced. Sounded like I was wringing it's neck all the time! Each to their own tho ;)

I've put the standard throttle grip back on and taken the slack out the throttle cable and that's made an improvement on it's own.

On that note, thanks to Steffydog and everyone else who helped with their comments whilst I was having a mare getting the bar ends off. Really appreciate it :)

6. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

I would agree with St G on this, my track 675 has this mod and is great - it's a top mod, but personally I don't feel the road bike needs it, I've also run the tracker on the road and confirmed this - for me that is. :)

I guess it's a very individual thing, and whatever any manufacturer does can't please all the people all the time. :roll:

7. no its not for everyone but for a tenner its well worth trying i have one on mine for the road ad love it but then again does it need it ??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anyone is interested I checked today and the throttle mod will work in the street triple as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. T_daytona675

T_daytona675

ordered and payed for mine should have it tomorrow : )

10. just ake your time with the bar ends ie use a good allen key and give the screw a tap first ,if it dont come undone just peel back the grip and take the lot off in one by squeezing the 2 tabs in but then i expect youve read all this before any hoo youl surely love it :cool:

11. jcp

jcp

It was an easy fit and works well on my street. The extra precision that it requires has helped my throttle control rather than made it more difficult. Itis a cheap enough mod to be worth a try.